26 ✧ present

"Damn I forgot how nosey Naruto could be when he wanted to. Doesn't he have important business to discuss? Why is he talking to me anyway?"
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"How have you been (y/n)? It's been awhile since I last seen you."

Okay so in this moment (y/n) didn't know if she was in the stage of a mental breakdown that consisted of laughing out loud hysterically or let out a cross between a wail and a screech. But the best thing she could do was stare at him dumbly, as if he was the stupid one for bothering to ask her anything.

Which she figured he was. Maybe (y/n) should change her facial expression from one of 'why is this lowly peasant speaking directly to me.' There was no way the two males across from her hadn't distinctively seen the disgust of her face. How was she even supposed to respond back to that question?

Honestly she didn't know if she should just casually be like, "Oh you know everything's been just fine. Popped out two kids that are just darlings. And oh wait Naruto actually they're yours. I had them after you left me for the other woman you had on your shoulder." Was that an appropriate response? Probably not.

"Umm, (y/n) are you fine?"

Shit, she still hasn't responded back. Great she made herself look like a fool, whatever. Blinking her eyelashes, (y/n) nodded her head in response. "Oh yeah it's just I'm in complete shock. It's been awhile since I seen you Naruto." (Y/n) replied apathetically. Giving the blond male a small smile, that quite clearly didn't reach her eyes. Really everything she was gonna do in front of him was going to be very very forced.

It wasn't a surprise to her when Naruto didn't catch on that she really didn't mean anything she said. (Y/n) forgot how naive the blond could be with the people he knew and trusted. (Y/n) eyed him warily, as he the male happily walked closer to her arms outstretched.

"N-no don't hug me it's not needed!" (Y/n) disapproved quickly, but was left unheard. At the sensation of being wrapped up in his arms. (Y/n) couldn't help the uncomfortable laugh that came out of her mouth, arms stiffly at her sides. Sadly even at how uncomfortable she felt, (y/n) felt her cheeks heat up at how familiar the feeling felt to her. This was not good.

"That's enough Naruto." (Y/n) curtly said, finally letting out a sigh of relief once the blond pulled away from her. Shooting Gaara a fierce yet subtle glare at the clear amusement on his face. The redhead was clearly enjoying her misery. (Y/n) would simply have to get him back later on. Her feet taking a few steps back to put some distance between the still excited blond male.

"I'm serious when I said I haven't seen you in awhile. The last time I saw you was when you were 18 and I was 19." Naruto chattered, bright blue eyes solely focused on the unimpressed Uchiha. Who was still uncomfortable.

She wasn't even going to bother to mention that the last time they see each other and conversed was when the blond broke up with her. But she really didn't want to cross the bridge right now or anytime as matter of fact.

"In fact I didn't even know you moved to Suna until Sakura told me. I think after a couple months of you moving away from Konoha."

Oh wow, if (y/n) was being completely honest that actually stung her quite a bit. I mean pushing aside the fact that the two dated, they were friends some would even say best friends, ignoring the other fact that the blond pursed her brother more than her. But still was it really hard to remember they were friends. Though it would be fare because they did date but it still hurt.

"Wow you made it seem like I'm one to forget so easily." (Y/n) couldn't help but comment, eyes watching the blond tense up before nervously protesting while waving his hands around.

Her eyes then turning to Gaara, who looked like he was uncomfortable with the situation but still really enjoying listening to them talk. She wouldn't blame him, two ex's talking to each other was surely something to be found interesting. Especially if one of them still thought they were friends.

"N-no I didn't mean it like that (y/n). It's just that I didn't really see you around the village because you left with Sasuke and then I was just so busy. I sorta forgot about you for a bit." Naruto earnestly replied, which (y/n) really thought that the male should just stop talking anymore. He really wasn't helping prove his point.

In fact he clearly said that he forgot about her. This was just sad. (Y/n) didn't know how she was supposed to last for the next couple of days with this dobe around her constantly. Hopefully the blond would notice she didn't want to be around him, but she highly doubted he would pick up on that.

"Really it's okay Naruto. We didn't really need each other and we went our separate ways. You don't have to apologize for forgetting about me, I honestly forgot about you too." (Y/n)'s voice trailed off at the end, something she knew was a complete lie. She just wasn't going to tell him it was a lie.

(Y/n) watched as the blond frowned at her words, the next words completely surprising her. "I didn't forget about you (y/n). How could I you're still my first friend I ever made, I'll always need you." Naruto endearingly said, giving the Uchiha a warm smile. That wasn't supposed to make her heart skip a beat nor make her face heat up.

(Y/n) to put it simple, was fucked.

_______________________

This was sorta rushed towards the end but I completely forgot that this was just sitting here completed. So I finally decided to post this. The chapters will start getting better, I think. They're pretty shit right now. Enjoy.