44

Nandini's POV

Have you ever felt like you're in a dream that you wish to never wake up from? You feel so much comfort and bliss just being inside that bubble!

Yeah, I have the same feeling.

Manik and I just sat there, sometimes simply staring into each other's eyes and sometimes talking about random things. But nonetheless, it was an amazing feeling.

"Do you know Nandu, why I ordered a small piece of cake?" He asked out of the blue, taking a bite of the chocolaty goodness.

"Why?"

"Because I know you already think that I go too overboard and I was actually going to go a bit extravagant with your cake but for your sake I ordered this.." He said wrinkling his nose as if to tell me, he's not too happy with it.

I laughed at his expression, "Good! You are already doing so much for me, Mani.."

"Baby, I told you yesterday also, I don't mind doing things for you. In fact, I love doing these things for you."
I could only smile, as I was awestruck at his words.

Suddenly, he stood up and took my hand in his.

"Mani, kahan le ja rahe ho?" I asked curious yet amused at his antics.

"It's another surprise!"

Before I could even begin to protest, we were in the elevator. But what was more surprising was that we were going up not down like I thought we were.

He left my hand and came behind me, placing his hands on my eyes temporarily blinding my vision.

"Mani-"

"Shh baby. Just trust me."

And so I did. A couple of minutes walking later, he slowly removed his hands and I was immediately rendered speechless. If I thought the view from the second floor was amazing then this was just on a whole new scale.

"Mani.."

But he interrupted me yet again, "Just enjoy the moment and stop thanking me." He said already knowing that I was gonna thank him. "Oh, wait! I forgot to give you something."

I was giving him a stern look to tell him 'Don't you dare give me another expensive gift!'

He raised his hands up in surrender as he said, "Before you say anything, nahi yeh koi expensive gift nahi hai. This.." He blushed and looked shy making me curious, "..is a letter I wrote for you!" And handed me an envelope. "I know I tell you how much I love you and everything but I feel it's still not enough! So I wrote this letter.. And don't read it now! Read it alone."

Is he for real? I was speechless for a minute as I stared at him with stars in my eyes and jumped in his arms hugging him tightly.

"No one has ever done so much for me, Mani! You didn't have to do this," He was about to interrupt when I showed him my hand, "but I love you for doing this. I love your thoughtfulness! I love your everything!"

He smiled brightly and kissed me so lovingly that I forgot everything else.

He turned me around and stood behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

He kept his chin on my shoulder, and I did what he told me to, savouring the moment.

So yeah, you can say it was hard to differentiate this with a dream!

Finally it was time to go back, something I didn't really wanna do. But I didn't let myself sulk at the thought because I was with my Mani, after all. What else do I need!?