19

*No Proof Reading done*

Nandini's POV

It was such a bright morning today. I woke up with a small smile and headed to dressup for Raksha Bandhan. I was so excited to celebrate it with bhai today. Because the last time we celebrated it together was two years ago. I couldn't come here from London due to work and I really missed celebrating it with him. I had a long hot shower which was much needed, and while showering I couldn't help but think about last night's events. I shuddered remembering that drunk man... But then a smile made it's way on my face thinking about the way Manik comforted me yesterday. The way his arms embraced me giving me so much warmth. But my smile didn't last longer and turned into a frown as I remembered him driving off giving me a cold shoulder. I still don't get what did I say wrong? I shook my head to get rid of those thoughts and got ready. I wore an Anarkali kurti, that had a slit on the side. It was given by Sakshi aunty for my birthday last year and quickly headed off downstairs.

I was in a really cheerful and chirpy mood today

I was in a really cheerful and chirpy mood today. I greeted everyone and both Chacha-Chachi complimented me, then we all headed to Singhania mansion. It had become kind of a tradition to go there since Chachi too ties rakhi to Ram uncle and Sakshi aunty does the same to Chacha. Navya too ties rakhi to Abhi bhai so even I do my pooja there itself.

"Hello uncle, Hi aunty! Where's Navya? Abhi tak aayi nahi? Aur Varun kahan hai??" I bombarded them with questions as usual as soon as I entered.

Sakshi aunty chuckled and replied, "Navya is on the way bacha, and of course your best friend is sleeping like anything."

"Oho aaj bhi. I'll be back aunty." I said and ran upstairs. Yeh Varu kabhi nahi sudhrega..

I shook his body with so much force yet he wasn't even budging. So I just pushed him out if the bed and he landed with a 'thud'.

He winced and groaned as he stood up, "I knew it. I knew tu hi hogi the moment I came in contact with the floor.. And now you're so dead!" He started running behind me and I ran down, saving my life.

"Aunty bachao.." I said and stopped behind Sakshi aunty.

"Arre Nandu kya bacho jaise kar rahi hai, kyu tang kar rahi hai usse.?!" Chachi told me while coming for Varun's rescue.

"Haww Chachi, maine usse tang nahi kiya. I just woke him up from his beauty sleep." I said making a pout.

"Haan mom, don't scold her. My baby girl wouldn't have done anything, iss Varun ne hi kuch kiya hoga." I smiled when bhai came from behind with Mukti. Though he didn't know what really happened here, yet he took my side.
I noticed Mukti wearing a black and golden Anarkali which was looking really pretty on her and clearly showed her baby bump.