22

Nandini's POV

I woke up by the annoying sound of my alarm. I groggily turned to look at the time and saw that it's 9 A.M. What? I sat up quickly. 9 already? I feel like I have slept only few hours. Shit! I totally forgot about office. I took a glance at my phone to see an unread message from him. I blushed remembering our last moment when I kissed him.

'Good morning love..'

A smile formed on my lips as I read it. A simple message from him and I'm here gushing like a stupid li'l teenager. Not thinking too much, I too replied with a simple 'good morning'.

I descended down the stairs, all showered and ready to go. When heard my family laughing and having breakfast together. It was such a pleasant sight to see.

"Good morning everyone!" I said, my voice way too cheerful.

"Whoa! Wait! Am I dreaming? The Nandini Murthy, being so happy and cheerful in the morning.. Today should be marked as a legendary day!" Abhi bhai mocked me and everybody laughed at me. So what if I'm not a morning person, can't I be cheerful in the morning.

"Ha ha. Bhai, you're so funny." I let out a dry laugh, rolling my eyes. "Waah Chachi! Aaj aapne paraanthe banaye hain!?" I exclaimed licking my lips and yet again they all laughed at me. I don't mind though. as long as they're happy, I'm happy.

"Haan mera bacha. Tu kitni patli ho gayi hai.. Dekhna mere haath ke paraanthe khayegi toh ek dum healthy ho jayegi." Chachi said pecking my head while I smiled at her.

Chacha leaned forward and whispered to me, "don't worry beta. Iss baar teri Chachi ne koi invention nahi kiya hai, like last time." I laughed under my breath, and my face scrunched up remembering the paraantha she made last time with some grated coconut, mashed banana and corn. She even told us that from now on she'll cook only healthy food like this. That day I had acted as if I had stomach ache and Abhi bhai was actually puking. Ew. But unfortunately Chachu had to eat 2 full paraanthas. And you could probably guess how he ended up at the doctor's the next day.

"Achha chhoti, yeh toh bata how was your date yesterday?" Mukti asked way too casually as she opened her mouth for Abhi bhai to feed her another morsel.

I literally choked on the juice I was drinking as my face heated up due to her question. Chachi patted my back and spoke to her, as I was still recovering from my coughing fit. "Mukti beta tum bhi kaise question puch rahi ho.." I sighed, relieved, reaching for the glass of juice again, "Of course date achhi hi rahi hogi na. MANIK ke saath jo thi.." My eyes widened at that and I felt myself blushing. I think it's better if I don't touch that juice for a while because there are chances that I might choke to death by their shocking statements.

"Chachi!" I exclaimed, both in horror and embarrassment.

"Achha but where did he take you? It was a nice place na?" Chacha asked but before I could reply Abhi bhai intervened.

"And did he treat you well? Did he take good care of my baby sister? He didn't try anything on you right? I swear if he did, I'm gonna chop-" He was babbling, more like talking to himself. My face warmed again and I put my head in my hands.

"God! I'm not gonna discuss this with you guys. That's so embarrassing!" I said in a loud tone which for some strange reason made them laugh again.

"Achha beta! Aur kal jab Manik ko kiss kiya tha tab it wasn't embarrassing for you?!" Abhi bhai whispered in my ear and I'm definitely sure that my eyes popped out of my face. I stared at him mortified, and was going to ask how the hell does he know that when he gestured to my phone through his eyes.