39

Nandini's POV :

It's been 2 weeks since the revelation in the hospital and two days since Varun was discharged. What we got to know about Saanvi that day was heartbreaking and I can't begin to imagine what that poor girl must have went through. And I don't want to think about what Varun and Manik had to go through. Losing a loved one is always painful but losing someone who is so close to your heart is excruciatingly painful.

"Nandini chalo na.." Navya called me momentarily bringing me out of my thoughts and gestured me to go upstairs with her.

"Oh god!" Varun groaned as he saw us bring a tray each, "What have you brought for the hundredth time now?" He asked sarcastically. Navya glared at him while others and I chuckled.

All our friends are here as we didn't want Varun to feel lonely and he himself insisted that he no longer wishes to spend the whole day sleeping. He was pretty bummed when the doctor told him to be on bed rest for another week even though he was discharged now.

"Hey, you know it's only because we care about you!" I told him as Navya fed him the soup despite his protest that he is perfectly capable of eating on his own but he quickly shut up when he saw her stern expression.

He squeezed my hand as he spoke, "I know and I'm grateful for that and to all of you. God knows how bored I would've been, had it not been for you guys."

The room quickly fell into loud chatter as I made my way towards Manik who was casually lying down on the couch.

"Hey you." I said, taking a seat beside him. I placed my hand on his cheek softly caressing the skin beneath his eyes.

He leaned into my touch and closed his eyes, "Hi baby"

"You look so tired, you aren't sleeping much are you?"

He pulled me in a hug, burying his head in the crook of my neck and said, "Mm, it's fine.."

I ran a hand through his hair, "I didn't ask if you were fine, babe. But I got my answer. Do you wanna go home? I could run you a bath and maybe give you a massage.."

He broke the hug to look at me, "Haww Nandu, tch tch! Kaisi kaisi baatein kar rahi ho?" He said dramatically shaking his head at me.

I slapped his shoulder and rolled my eyes, "Manii! Fine, your loss. Main na kisi aur ko hi de dungi massage." I too replied in a dramatized way and was about to get up.

"Oye!" He pulled me back amd wrapped his arms around me, so my back was touching his chest. I suppressed my giggle as he spoke, "No way. Your everything is reserved only for me. Samjhi? You're mine. Nobody else's!"

I let out a chuckle, not being able to hold it anymore, "Really, now?" I asked, acting curious.

He tightened his hold, "Yes. Ab chalogi? I want my free massage!"

I stood up and pulled his hand making him get up, "Who said it's gonna be free?" I winked as we made our way out saying our goodbyes to everyone.

***
"Achha sunshine?"

"Hmm.." I replied distracted by his muscles. Like wow!

"I have something planned for you."

"Sure.." How did I get so lucky?

"Monkeys love bananas."

"Yeah.." Being so hot should be illegal.

"Let's shower together!" He exclaimed.

"What?!" I yelled, looking at him with wide eyes.

"I knew it! Tum kahan kho gayi thi? You weren't even paying attention to what I was saying." He pouted, looking so adorable.