36

I think Radhika Madan fits perfectly for who I imagine as Saanvi. But you guys are free to imagine whoever you want. 😊

Happy Reading!

Manik's POV

"Eight freaking Hours!!" I yelled at the doctor while others tried to calm me down.

"Mr. Malhotra calm-" The Doctor tried to reason out but I wasn't ready to listen.

"Calm Down?! Don't you dare try to calm me the f-" I was shouting and not caring if I was creating a scene.

"Manik!" My head snapped to her voice, "Please.. Relax!" She said massaging her temple. I sighed and sat next to her while wrapping my hand around hers.

"I'm sorry, love. But I-I just.. It's really difficult.. I can't lose another one of my best friends..again!" It hurts even thinking about something happening to him. I can't even imagine what Nandini is going through, seeing him in a state like that.

My chain of thoughts were broken by Nandu as she softly pressed her warm lips against my hand. If it weren't for her.. I don't know how I would've been holding myself up. I don't even know how she's so strong. But it's something I admire about her.

"Sab thik ho jayega Mani.. Aiyappa hain na!" She spoke with so much sincerity that I felt like believing. It gave me hope.

I nodded silently, as she rested her head on my arm. "Nandu, you must be tired. Please thoda rest karlo..." I tried reasoning with her, but I alteady knew it was a lost case.

She shook her head but closed her eyes still leaning onto me. For a minute, I thought she was asleep but then she asked very quietly, "Can you continue the story?"

I gently kissed her head and continued the story as an answer to her question..

Saanvi, Varun and I were hanging out at our usual meeting place. The roof.

"Hey sooo, Karan just texted me.. There's a party tonight, what do you guys think?" Varun said suddenly, with an excited grin. I shook my head at his antics. He's such a kid, even when we are in our senior year.

"You get so excited at the mention of parties, I swear. It's like you're obsessed with them!" I told him but he just smacked my head, "But I'm in. But only for the free booze. My only rule, Never. Ever. Turn. Down. Free. Alcohol." I said my face matching his now.

"Hell yeah!" We high fived, "Especially since we only get to go out of here in the weekends." He said, when I noticed Saanvi was eerily quiet.

"Hey kiddo, what do you say?"

"I-I have plans.." She was fidgeting with her fingers as she spoke. I knew she was lying but I didn't want to make her more uncomfortable.

"What, plans with your other boyfriend?" Varun joked. When I slapped his back, he said, "What!? I just meant her books! Geez!"

His girlfriend laughed at that, side hugging him, "Yup! I have a hot date with my books."

He smiled widely and pecked her forehead, intertwining their fingers, "But seriously babe! You should come. You barely leave your room.. except for when you are hanging out with us."

At this she abruptly pulled away from him, frowning. She genuinely looked offended, "Well I'm sorry, I'm anti-social. I'm sorry I can't talk to people without even stuttering. I'm sorry that I'm not the type of girlfriend you hoped for!" She stood up and left leaving Varun and I to gape open mouthed after her.