31

Manik's POV

"I'm sorry Mr Malhotra.. Sh-she was nowhere to be found. But we're trying our bes-" The Police said in a quite tone, feeling intimidated by my posture.

My eyes immediately filled with rage, even though it wasn't his fault, I yelled at him, "What do you mean she was nowhere, god dammit?!"

My mind was going fuzzy with all these tension. My Nandu was missing and I'm here sitting helplessly.
Chachi and Sakshi aunty were continuously sobbing while mom was trying to comfort them, holding back her own tears.

"Manik, please tension mat le.. yeh log keh rahe hain na, Nandini mil jayegi. She'll be fine!" Cabir said trying to calm my rage.

I just shook my head as I remembered our conversation from this morning..

"Hey." She breathed out.

"Hi." Damn what was wrong with me? Why am I behaving like a fool.

She chuckled softly from the other side, making my heart squeeze with adoration, "Why are we being so awkward?"

I heaved a sigh of relief as I said, "I don't know.. we're behaving like high school crushes, who are talking first time at school.." We both laughed at me statement, making all the awkwardness to evaporate.

"Mani.."

"Haan, Nandu?"

"I love you!" Hayee.. I can practically imagine her blushing on the other end.

"I love you too, sunshine!" I loved calling her these nicknames.

"Sunshine?" She asked amused..

"Why not? You are like sunshine in my life. You light up my world!"
She laughed, "Now you're being extremely cheesy... but you know what, I-I like it." She said shyly. Wow, she's such an epitome of cuteness. "But main bhi tumhe ek naam dungi!"

"Achha," I said curiously, "Kya?"

"Hmm, how about...hun?"

"Really?"

"Okay, so cupcake?"

"Too girly!"

"How about hot stuff?" She said and I could literally hear her silent laughs that she was desperately trying to control.

"Ha. Ha. Nandu! It was so funny I forgot to laugh!!" I said sarcastically even though a smile was still plastered on my face.

"Okay now since you aren't liking any names.. Main khud hi rakh deti hu and you have no say in it!"
I sighed dramatically and muttered in a fake sad tone, "Fine!"

"Aw, don't be sad babe!"

"I'm not sa- wait! Babe?" I asked as a huge grin spread onto my face.

"Y-Yeah you don't like it?"

"No no. I love it! I really love it sunshine!"

"Waise, I-I really wanted to tell you something but I don't wanna bother you or something."

"Why? Nandu, you alright?!"

"Yeah. Yeah, I am. It's just I have those gut feeling or intuitions uou may call it, that's telling me something bad is gonna happen.."

"Nandu, relax! Maybe it's just all in your imagination. Don't worry okay?"

"Yeah, I guess it's just me being paranoid. Anyways, gotta go! Bye, babe. Love you!"