40

Manik's POV :

I loved how her nose scrunched up when she tasted some Thai soup that she wanted to give a try. I laughed at her expression causing her to glare at me.

"What? Don't give me that look. You were the one who called me 'boring' for ordering tomato soup!" I said chuckling and she only huffed pushing her bowl farther. "Okay come closer.." When she leaned forward, I fed her mine and her eyes lit up.

She happily took my soup and was finishing it, "Alright, fine, you aren't boring!" She admitted and playfully stuck her tongue out at me.

"Thank you. Ab kuch order karna hai ya nahi?" She bobbed her head cutely and we both placed our order.

"I'm so happy to be here Mani! I still remember when we all came here for the first time. Tumhe yaad hai na, what happened that day?" She spoke excitedly and I nodded in answer.

"Of course. How can I forget? We had our first fight that day?" I said laughing.

"Yeah. I don't even know why you weren't speaking to me till now! What did I even do wrong?" She asked curiously looking at me.

I averted my eyes and said, "Oh even I don't know.. Such a long time ago na." I smiled nervously.

"Manik.." She said crossing her arms and looking at me suspiciously, "Tell me na. I know tumhe pata hai!"

I sighed, "Fine. That day when we went to the beach to play, you asked me to build a sand castle for you.."

"Oh haan, that's why we fought! You made a castle for me but before I could even start to play, you destroyed it!" She exclaimed, loud enough for only me to hear. "Haww Mani, why did you do that?" She said giving me an accusing stare and took a bite of her food.

"Um.. Actually it wasn't because I wanted to make you cry or prank you, like you had assumed." She gave me a confused glance, urging me to continue, "You probably don't remember but there were a group of kids, the same age as you around 8 years? Anyway they were playing there too, and they kinda invited you to play with them. And well.." I suddenly felt shy sharing the memory.

"Mani say na.. I really don't remember!"

"Wo.. You.. You were playing with this boy and you were dancing with him too. Ugh, it's stupid Nandu. Leave it!" I groaned and started eating my food to ignore her stare.

"It's not! It's not stupid. It is actually really cute.. But continue please. I wanna know! Please mere liye." She pouted at me pulling up an adorable puppy face.

"I can never win with you sunshine!" I said shaking my head, "You fell down while playing and started crying. I was a little farther from you, so I ran towards you but before I could reach you he helped you up and kissed your cheek. I felt so ashamed because I wasn't able to reach you faster and also because he kissed you but you didn't do anything. So I went back with a really bad mood but was still making the castle for you and then you came and gushed about him saving you like a hero or something.."

"Awww Manik.."

My cheeks turned red, "Yeah, so I felt like you didn't need me. I was a stupid little boy okay? It just made me sad, I guess, that you could have friends or a best friend who isn't me.. That's why I kicked that castle." I told her pushing around my food.

There was silence at first but then I heard her chair squeak. I looked up to see her chair closer to mine now and she place a soft kiss on my cheek.

I could see her holding back her giggle, "You are so cute, Mani! And all these years, I didn't even know the full story! Tum toh bachpan mein bhi itne jealous and possessive thhe.." She said laughing.