20

*No Proof Reading Done*

Nandini's POV

"You are a murderer, You killed her!"

The words kept ranging in my head. I couldn't get them out of my mind. I was beyond confused. But more than that I was terrified at the thought of Varun killing someone.

No. No, No, No. That's not true.

After Manik left I took Varun inside and help him clean the blood. Others too came by that time as soon as they saw Manik leaving with his face smeared with blood. A shiver ran down my spine as I reminisced their fight.

But whatever their fight may be, he shouldn't have gone too far at the level of physically hurting each other. I need to talk to Manik. I assured Nyo mom and dadda, who were constantly apologizing to Varun, that I'll take care of their son.

I quickly changed into my skinny jeans and a T-shirt, and ran to my car. I just hope he isn't doing anything reckless and has gone to his home only, not anywhere else. Yes, I was still mad at him for being so impulsive and fighting like that but I know I'll have to stay calm.

I parked my car outside the Malhotra mansion and rushed to the door. I rang the doorbell and waited. A few seconds later, the door was opened by an old man, who I suppose is a butler. I thanked him and asked about Manik's room. I went inside his room to see everything on the floor. The lamp was smashed on the floor and the once remained vase was now nothing but some pieces of shattered glass. I looked up and saw him sitting at the edge of the bed with his head in his hands and his back facing me. I walked closer to him dodging the pieces of glass but one sliced through my foot and I momentarily hissed, which caused his attention to turn towards me.

"Shit!" He cursed as he rushed to me and made me sit on the bed, "Nandini tum yahan kya kar rahi ho? And dhyaan kahan hai tumhara, dekh kar nahi chal sakti?!" He scolded me while he pulled out the first aid box from a drawer. He gently placed my foot on his lap and cleaned the cut with a cotton and some alcohol. Funny how it should've been the other way round, me cleaning his hand not him.

"Main dekh lar nahi chal sakti..! You are the one first going and fighting like crazy and then smashing anything and everything in your room.. And now you are speaking as if it's my fault!" I don't know what came into me but all the calmness flew away replaced by angry.

"Oh so you've come here to defend your 'FRIEND' huh?!" He said in a mocking tone. What? "Yeah, right! I should've known. I was even stupid to think that....you know what, forget it!" He stood up and went to the balcony. I looked down to see the cut had been bandaid. But what the hell is he speaking, does he even know himself!?

I stood up carefully and went to him, "Manik, have you gone mad! I came here to see you. I came to console you and-"

"I don't need any consolation from anybody" His voice raised as he turned to me. Then he again turned his face away from me and spoke lowly, "I think you should leave."

"What?" My voice came out as a mere whisper.

"I said, I think you should l-"

"I heard you the first time!" I shouted, "I came here to see you because I care about you. But I think that you don't give a f*ck about anyone. So why am I even here? Because I'm an idiot! Right!?" I never used to swear but the rage in me spoke this time. By now tears started spilling from my eyes and I ran out as fast as I could with my injured leg. It was as if my words snapped him out of his daze as I heard him call my name but I didn't stop. I started my car and drove to my house.