28

Nandini's POV

'I'm in love with the shape of you! We push and pull like a magn-'

Ugh! I sleepily stopped Ed Sheeran's voice coming off my alarm. I'm sorry Mr. Sheeran, I have no problem with you.. it's just my undying love for sleep!

I snuggled even more in my blankets and dozed off to my dream land. But no! Kuch logon se meri khushi bardaasht hi nahi hoti! Because something heavy jumped on me, squeezing the life out of me. Or should I say someone heavy.

"C-Can't br-breathe.." I managed to say and the person finally decided to leave me.
I sat up, still coughing. When I calmed down, I lifted my pillow and smacked it on his face.

"The hell! Nandu yaar.." And that idiot, my friends, was The Varun Singhania a.k.a my unfortunate best friend.

"Are you freaking insane! It's only 9 in the morning. And it's SATURDAY today! What are you even doing here? Shouldn't you be sleeping right now.." I shouted at him groaning, while I laid face flat on my pillow.

"Don't ask questions and come with me. I rarely spend days with my bestie these days!" I said mockingly, but it made me a bit guilty. I really don't spend time with him.

"Ok done. You go down, I'll get ready." I made my way to the bathroom and brushed my teeth then took a quick shower. I wrapped a towel around my body and went inside my walk-in-closet.
Hmm, the weather is warm today.. So I decided to wear a plain white spaghetti top tucked inside my black and white striped shorts and a blue faded denim jacket. I put my hair in a French braid and wore my white flats. Then putting my sunglasses on top of my head, I went down.

"Good morning Chachu, Chachi." I greeted them, then we both bid adieu to them and left in Varun's car.

"So, where do you wanna go?" He asked and I stared at him in disbelief.

"Seriously! Tu mujhse puch raha hai.. I thought you would've had planned something."

"Huh, tu itni bhi special nahi hai.. And we're not going on a date jo main sab plan karunga." He said shrugging and I shook my head.

"Achha first drive to Fat Man's Cafe, I'm really hungry. And till you drive I'm gonna plan an awesome day out for us!" I winked at him and started searching in my phone. I saw that I had no messages from Manik today. That's weird. He texts me everyday, atleast for wishing a good morning. Maybe he's sleeping, he did look tired yesterday.

I was so caught up in my phone that I didn't realize that we've reached the cafe. We chose a booth for two persons and sat down.

A waitress came to our table and started checking out Varun. She was wearing a skirt too short and a white blouse too low. I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing at how uncomfortable he looked.
"What can I get you handsome?" She said in a tone which was supposed to be seductive but sounded like she hasn't drank water in forever. I made a gagging face from behind her and Varun burst out laughing on her face. Her face became red with embarrassment and she quickly scurried in, without taking our order.

We both fell into hysterics as soon as she left. We laughed for a good 2 minutes when another waitress came. This one was a lady in her 40s, who gave us a polite smile and seemed like a sweet woman.

"What'll you kids have?"

"I'll have pancakes and nutella coffee shake, thank you." I returned her smile with my own.

"And I'll have waffles and scrambled eggs with Cappuccino." He said and the lady left to bring our food. I gave him a look for his order, "What? I'm a growing boy." He said grinning and I rolled my eyes. I took out my phone and sent a text to Manik.