37

Nandini's POV

I was waiting outside with Manik while Varun told Sanjana about their past. I don't know what to believe or what to think. I'm keeping my mind blank, because my head is being biased towards Varun.

I want to hear what happened at the party from Varun himself. It had been an hour or so, when Sanjana called us in. We all sat down as Sanju and I stared at Varun and Manik to continue.

"Varun, w-what happened that night?" I asked the dreaded question and he closed his eyes as if it pained for him to recall all of it.

"We had a huge fight.. W-we never had such a big fight you know..."

Flashback is in Varun's POV

"Saanvi, why are so upset? I'm sorry if I sounded offensive but I didn't mean to." I told her truthfully.

"Yeah because I was the one who overreacted! That's what you are saying!" She nothing but shouted at me.

"What is wrong with you?! Why are you being so difficult!"

"Oh if I'm being so difficult, why are you even here!"

"Because I care but clearly you don't!"

"You're right! I don't. I don't care! Nobody does, okay!? So get out of my room Varun! And please go to your stupid parties!"

"Fine. You know what, I am actually gonna go. Because as you said Nobody fucking cares!!"

I heard Manik suck in a breath which meant this was in fact their first biggest fight.

"I went to the party and like the idiot I am drowned my sorrows in alcohol. Because of course, that's the only solution..." He let out a bitter chuckle as regret flashed on his face.

"Tell me what happened after you CHEATED on her?!" Manik asked impatiently shooting daggers at Varun.

"What?!" Varun shouted staring incredulously at Manik. "What the hell are you talking about? I NEVER cheated on her and you of all people should know that! I loved her dammit!" Varun shouted back at Manik.

"Will you both calm down! I don't have it in me to wait even a little longer.. And I think Sanjana will agree with me." I said as Sanjana nodded along.

"I was drunk yes but I can still tell you each and everything in detail.. It's engraved in my mind like a fucking inscription." Varun clenched his jaw as he prepared himself to recall that haunting memory...

"Who the fuck cares?! I mean clearly she doesn't!"

"Nothing! Nowww letsh parrrty!"

"Okayy! Easy there, beta. You're gonna have a huge hangover tomorrow!"

"Woooo Parttyy timee!" I yelled and dragged Manik with me, to join a group playing a game.

"Well well, if it isn't THE Power Duo who graced my party with their presence!" We heard the she-devil speak as she leaned flirtatiously towards Manik.

"Soha! How nice of you to join us. We didn't know it was your party.." Manik said sarcastically but of course the dumbo didn't get it.

"Yeah we wouldn't have come if we knew.." I muttered causing Manik to snicker beside me.

"Come on Manik, I wanna show you something." Soha said in her fake voice. Honestly, this chick annoys me so much. Her body language just screams desperation.