Hurt Him

"Lyr, what's going on with you lately?" Jungkook asks, expression drawn with confusion and concern. "I don't understand— you haven't been the same."

"What do you mean?"

He points at my dinner plate, still full with the meal that I had yet to touch. Then, he motions at the time with his other hand, still looking tentative and anxious.

"You haven't touched your food in the past hour— and you didn't seem to hear me when I called you the first time. You seem....detached."

Forgive me if I'm stuck in quite a situation right now.

"I'm sorry," I immediately say, and his doe eyes go wide with shock. "I know I've been weird these past few days—"

"No, don't be sorry." He exclaims, the anxiety in his gestures worse than ever before. I guess me being on edge has put him on edge as well. "I was simply asking— I'm worried about you, Lyr."

The cold metal of the pods seem to weigh a ton in the lobe of my ear as I force a smile. "I'm sorry for worrying you, Jungkook. I'm sorry for everything."

And I mean that, truly.

Reaching over to his tensed up body, I relax my arm around his shoulders as I press my lips against his. I want to forget. I want to forget everything that's happening to me right now— and focus every part of me into this kiss.

It's never really a hard problem— Jungkook is mesmerizing, in both look and taste. His lips taste like trees in a snowy forest— and fresh flowers, dancing in the wind. Why worry about reality when there was an entire new world right here, and all I had to do to go there was just kiss him?

I can hear him suck in a breath as he abandons his meal as well, one of his hands gripping the back of my neck. His skin feels awfully smooth against my own, which feels rough in comparison.

Tears sting my eyes as I bury my fingers into his ebony locks. The strands of his hair feel like the finest material as I embrace the silky, velvety texture.

I don't want to let go.

I never want to let go.

Then the metal trembles slightly against my ear, and to my horror, the man's voice fizzes alive. My mind goes blank as he says a snarky greeting then orders me to act natural— but how can I when he's freaking in. My. Ear?

When I pull away, I make it look like I'm out of breath— which isn't very hard to do because I am. With a half-smile set on his lips, Jungkook gives me the chance to catch my breath before reaching for me again.

"Push him away."

Please— my mind whirls as I follow his command, fully knowing what's at cost. Everything blurs in the back of my vision, filling with pain and sorrow instead as hurt flashes across Jungkook's face.

No, Jungkook. No— don't make this harder for me than it already is.

"Now repeat my words exactly."

"What's wrong, Lyr?" He tilts his head at me, and I can't bear this— I just can't. My heart shatters into millions of tiny pieces when the man whispers pure poison into my ear.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook—"

"Not my words, sweetheart. Should I let you know that I have your dear Leah here with me right now? One more word, and I will give her life over to the beasts."

No!

Trying to adjust my face from the horrified expression, I fix a firmer gaze into his eyes and repeat what the man said. It rips my soul apart, but I can see it affects Jungkook a hundred times worse.

"Get away from me."

His face tightens as I shift backwards, rage and disbelief slowly bubbling up to his surface. If it broke, then I was a dead woman, no questions asked.

"What?"

The fact that he already had Leah makes me even more desperate to please the psychotic man, to do anything to keep him from harming her. I couldn't imagine how terrified Leah was at the moment, her usually bright eyes narrowed with fear and panic.

Swallowing tears back down, I slap away his hand. "I said get away."

"What's wrong with you?"

His eyes are flat and cold when it meets mine, and I barely keep myself from collapsing onto the ground into a mess of tears and emotion. The stupid idiot whispers more words into my ear, and I clench my fists in hatred as I repeat them.

"Nothing. But everything is wrong with you. I don't want to stay here anymore."

Anger and disbelief marks his doe eyes, filling up with pain and agony from bottom to top. But he bites his bottom lip and moves back— as if he was disgusted with my very presence. He should be— I don't blame him. I'm disgusted of myself as well— a hundred times worse than what he may be feeling at the moment.

"Then go."

His voice is cold, dripping more venom and ice than he did the first time I met him. Then he didn't know what an awful person I was, how much I was going to hurt him. But now he does, and his barriers are set up even more higher and stronger than before.

Jungkook...

"GO!" He shouts harshly, and I spin on my heel, rushing out of the hall as fast as I can and into the cold evening air. Tears spill down my cheeks as the voice whispers smugly.

"Good job, girl."

"Where is Leah?!" I exclaim, trying to keep the sobs out of my trembling voice. "You better have not hurt her, you ba—"

"No need to get rough with your mouth now. Meet me at the back of the Main Hall if you want your precious servant back. I hope you know where that is— it's where the Moon Dance and—"

"I know." I cut him off, and then hurry towards the direction of the Main Hall. Worry clouds my head in thick and heavy fogs— blurring my focus enough for me to skip one very important fact.

I'd dropped one of the pods in the dining hall.