To Love

"You don't just collapse for no reason, okay? That's just not possible. I don't know why you're lying to me, Lyr."

Jungkook fixes an intense gaze in my eyes, like he's capable of staring into my soul and reading the truth from my heart.

After that little stunt I'd pulled off, I'm the one that's been forced back down onto a bed instead of Jungkook. Every time I tried to get up, he would just push me back down with a sharp, authoritative glare that definitely passed on the message— to stay put or else.

For the millionth time, he repeats with that same tentative expression on his face. Or it may be just anger and annoyance— I can't exactly tell when he'd thrown the blankets all the way up to my forehead.

Jungkook's fragrant scent wraps around my nose as I sink even further into the blankets under his piercing gaze. I let the fresh smell of dew streaked with a hint of lavender and lily distract me when Jungkook bites his lip with my disobedient silence.

"Are you sick? Is that it?"

I shake my head, my nose still buried into the sheets.

"Nothing is wrong with me. I just got dizzy for a second—no big deal."

I clearly see Tae and Suga wince in unison as I say the direct lie.

Traitors. They're not even helping out.

Jungkook's eyes narrow at my excuse. He obviously knows that I'm lying. But he can't figure out why or for what I'm lying for, and it's driving him insane.

"I could throw you out right now for disobeying me," The soft material of the bedsheets bunch under his fist as he shadows my face with his upper body. I force myself to not flinch back, to not swallow the growing lump in my throat. "I think you've forgotten what I'm capable of."

He's just being intimidating. He's not actually going to do it.

Right?

Gosh, it's even worse when he's looking down on me like that. When I quickly shift my eyes over to the other idling two, I find them both gone.

Where the heck are those two?

"Hey. Pay attention." He snaps two of his fingers right in front of my face, and judging by his expression, I'm not leaving this bed until I tell him.

"Fine." I admit reluctantly. "I got dizzy."

I'm even more reluctant to reveal anymore than that, but Jungkook can be so persuasive and stubborn when he wants to be.

"Dizzy why? Are you sick?" He repeats the concern, the frustration in his eyes suddenly replaced with blatant worry.

"No," I say softly, dragging the no until I run out of breath. "I got dizzy because I, um, lost a lot of blood."

The second I tell him the last phrase, the worry in his face is completely wiped off by fury and rage. Now I'm starting to worry myself— getting angry might worsen his condition.

"No, no. It's not what you think it is," I quickly add, both of my palms against his skin to try to calm him down. "I didn't lose blood by getting hurt."

I had hoped that might've soothed him a bit, but it's like he grows angrier when I say that. The next thing he says freezes the words on my tongue.

"You're AB-Negative, aren't you?"

By instinct, I gulp anxiously at the accusation. That confirms it to him, and Jungkook's face twists in pain as he figures out that I was the blood donor that kept him alive during the surgery.

"I can't believe—" The agony carved into his features turn into anger as he growls ferociously under his breath. "V hyung told me there'd been an available supply already."

Oh. He did?

"I'm going to kill him." He pushes the blankets from his lower body when I hold back his arm with both of my own, obvious desperation written plain on my face.

"No, don't. You can't get out of bed, remember?"

Even though he could probably push me off of him in less than a second, to my surprise, he doesn't. Instead, he wraps his fingers around my wrist. His touch sends something like sparks running up and down my arm, and I shiver in reflexive pleasure.

"Let me go. He knows better than to drain blood out of you until you're in the brink of collapse. He's a damn healer— he should be the best to know that."

I shake my head, making his lips purse even tighter. "No— you should know better than asking me to let you go. You know that I never will." In a softer voice, I quickly add. "And please don't kill Tae— we're his star patients."

I had definitely not meant to be funny, but I'm not complaining when the corner of his lip twitches. At least that had lightened the heavy mood.

"How are you feeling?"

The sudden change of softness in his tone makes me glance up in a pleasant surprise. Near desperation to keep him from displeasure, I smile my widest baby smile back at him.

"I'm fine, don't worry. You're in much worse shape than I am— you should be more worried about yourself."

When he looks skeptical, I reassure him again and sneakily ease myself out of the blanket, a careful inch by inch. I keep the smile wide on my face as I do, hoping to distract his attention from my attempt.

"What do you think you're doing?" He raises an eyebrow at me before pushing me back down onto the bed and tucking the blanket up to my neck. "You didn't really think I wouldn't notice that, did you?"

I mentally groan. Of course he did. I had been dumb to believe that in the first place.

"You're not going anywhere after that." With two gentle fingers, he closes my eyelids so my vision is reduced into darkness.

"What about you?"

I can picture him tilting his head thoughtfully, wanting to get up and leave but also not wanting to leave me alone. I can imagine his doe eyes shift from me to the door.

Then I feel the bed dip as a pair of soft, warm arms wrap around my shoulders. He pulls me into his chest, squeezing my body to the point where I feel like a baby being smothered in waterfalls of affection.

He chose me.

"I love you."

A gigantic grin splits my lips in half as I draw circles on the skin of his arm.

"I love you too."