Heart of Glass

To be honest, I would've preferred a beating over those words.

I knew I was being stubborn. And stupid. And being all those other things he called me.

But I was just worried. Was being worried such a big sin to commit?

A small part in the back of my muddled mind whispers darkly. It tells me that I'm wrong to shift the blame on him. That's what I always do, don't I? I never take the blame on myself. Instead, I struggle to shift it on others who never stepped a single centimeter out of line.

But he told you, multiple times, to back off, didn't he? And you didn't listen to him.

That's what I am.

I'm a pathetic, pitiful excuse of a human being, too idiotic and too proud of myself to listen to others. I always think my way is best, and I never fail to screw up some way or another.

A sob escapes my lips as the silver arrow slips from my grip, landing with a soft thud on the ground. I'd traded a cold, miserable trip up a tree for this arrow. I'd traded months of the relationship I built with Jungkook for nothing but this stupid, stupid arrow.

My hands move on my own as they swiftly pick up the fallen shaft from the ground and snap it cleanly in half.

I gave everything for nothing in return.

I thought that rash action would have made me feel at least par slightly better, but it did nothing but make me more angrier and unpredictable.

This is pathetic.

Growling under my breath, I hurl the broken pieces onto the dirt with all of my strength, growing more insane with every single second that passes.

"I'd expected more of you, Lyr."

That voice.

I must be hallucinating.

"Bla—"

A very realistic hand wraps around my neck as it squeezes my neck into a firm chokehold. A panicked scream rips from my throat before a rough hand slams into my mouth, drawing blood.

"I got her."

Gens Light. How are they here? How did they—

Pain explodes in my stomach as something hard smashes into it with a force of a speeding train. My voice muffled and dizzy with agony, I thrash weakly against the strong pair of arms that surround my body.

"Let me go," My throat is hoarse from screaming as I throw my elbow back uselessly. Instead, Blaire grabs hold of it and twists it over my back.

It's so painful that I scream until I can't. Not anymore.

"Did you have fun with that Master of yours, coward?" A sharp, venomous hiss rings beside my ear as someone throws me onto the ground. With the little strength I have left, I look up weakly.

A Light that I'd never seen before wrenches my chin up forcefully.

"But he gave up on you, didn't he? Nobody ever stays long enough to keep trying. Admit it or not, you're hopeless, slave."

"SHUT UP!"

A scream tears from my lips as I lunge for the smirking boy, fist drawn back for a nasty hit to that face. I'd do anything. Anything to knock that smug expression off his lips. Anything to see his body on the ground.