Bring Her Back

"Stupid idiots," Someone says with a deep sigh. "Couldn't they come inside and then collapse?"

I want to see who it is— but my eyelids are too heavy. And to add to that, whenever I try to think, my head hurts like crazy.

"Lord, Lyr almost died out there, didn't she?"

A pause.

"They're both stupid. What was Jungkook thinking?"

"Where is he, anyways?"

A groan and a tired sigh.

"Having nightmares— but I've got his situation under control and his vitals stable."

Mentally, a wave of relief washes through from the top of my head to the tips of my toes. Jungkook was okay.

"What about her? Do you think you can heal her up a bit, Tae?"

Skies.

It was Tae and Jimin.

Now I'm even trying harder to get my eyes to open, but it's like there's something preventing me from doing so. With every second that passes, sleep  wraps me further into its wispy tendrils, even though I'd just slept.

"She's more serious. But she'll live— unless something goes wrong. Her temperature is at 107, and if it rises even one more degree, then it's not going to be good."

Well that's just perfect. My life depends on one degree of temperature.

Time Skip

When I wake up again, the back of my neck feels stiff and my head pounds with dull pain. I feel so hot that I want to throw this blanket off of my body and fling it in someone's face— preferably Jimin if I had a choice.

"Quickly— she's shaking." It's the same voice as earlier— was it Tae? I can't seem to recall anything, like I'd been drunk the entire time.

"This is all my fault."

Even though my mind is muddled with the fever, I immediately recognize the rasp.

Jungkook.

"No it's not, Kook. Go back to bed— it's not like your sickness has completely healed yet. You don't want your temperature to rise again, huh? It's a miracle we got it down to a hundred two."

I hear a shaky intake of breath, and then footsteps that scream resignation.

"Heal her, hyung. Please— do anything to bring her back."

I'm fine, Jungkook, I want to tell him. I'm completely okay, can't you see?

Time Skip

"Where's Kook?"

Jungkook. I'm finally awake.

Well, my ears were, at least.

"Nightmares again," Jimin's voice sounds so drained of the usual smugness it contains that I wonder if he's exhausted. "And it looks really serious— and you know how no one can wake him up during a nightmare."

Wake up, Lyrewen. Wake up and heal him.

But my stupid eyelids won't budge a single centimeter, no matter how hard I try.

I can hear the faint tapping of Tae's feet  as Jimin asks about my condition. I'm anxious to know as well— am I good to go? How long until I can open my eyes and speak a word?