Playing Dress Up

"Here," Jungkook murmurs in embarrassment as he withdraws something from behind his back. "I thought you might want this."

The arrow. It was broken— and he'd fixed it, so that it looked as good as new.

My eyes widen at the familiar weapon that I'd loved and hated. There was a whole lot of story around this little sleek arrow than I'd like to admit, but the story itself I have no regrets.

"Thank you, Jungkook. Oh my..." My voice trails off in amazement as my hands slide like water on the smooth surface of the familiar wood. "How did you fix it? Even I thought it was going to be impossible to fix."

An unnaturally pink blush flushes his cheek in an attractive manner, the scarlet a charming shade in contrast to the pale of his skin. Behind his back, I can see the shadow of his slender fingers curl and uncurl in a questionable emotion.

Anxiety, maybe?

But that was impossible, I think. The Jeon Jungkook I know never gets anxious, or something close to butterflies in his stomach. He's a stone cold statue of unsmiling and stiff expression, never changing for anyone.

But he seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

The mere thought makes the corners of my lips lift skyward, as if even thinking about it makes me happy enough to make my day. And having him do in front of me multiples the effects by a million times more.

Soon, I'm smiling so widely my cheeks began to hurt from stretching.

"Thank you." I whisper again as I embrace him lightly. Not too much of a squeeze, and just the right amount of affection.

Perfect.

"I picked out a dress for you for the Choosing of the Heads tonight." For a brief second, his eyes tilt up to the skies as if he could somehow tell the time from it. "If you don't like it, then you can ask Leah to choose something else for you."

Jeon Jungkook picked out a dress for me?

Tying my hair back into a ponytail, I break into another smile as I march back into the Palace. "Then it's only fair that I choose an attire out for you— I've always wanted to do that."

As I call back over my shoulder, I reach for the door when I turn back with a hesitant look on my face. I'd forgotten the most important part of playing dress up.

"Uh, where's your closet, Jungkook?"

Time Skip

"Skies, how come you have so many clothes in here? You only wear like three of them!" When I exclaim, he shrugs casually, leaning back on the doorway of his massive closet. It's so humongous that I would've easily gotten lost in its maze of clothes.

"The suits are over there." He points somewhere off into the distance, beginning to walk off by himself. A sudden streak of worry shoots up my body as I grab his sleeve, eyes wide with fear.

"What's wrong?" His voice immediately gets low and serious, his expression changing a hundred and eighty at my fearful gaze. Gulping, I look down on my shoes. I know perfectly well that I'm about to say something that might sound super stupid, but it needed to be said.

"What if we get lost?"

At my sincere tone, he stares at me with disbelief in his blue irises. Then he bursts into laughter, doubling over from how hard he was laughing.