Picture Material

Snap.

Click.

"They're so cute."

My eyelids shoot open at the familiar voice— one that I didn't really want to hear, speaking the words that made a shiver go up my hot spine. This was not going to end well, was it?

And Lord, what were those clicking sounds?

Even though my body is still too weak to sit up completely, my eyes are as fast as they were before as I tilt my head to the direction of the voice.

These idiots.

"Oh Lord. She's awake." Jimin hurries to hide behind Tae, the ashy gray top of his head poking out from Tae's broad shoulders. "Do something, Tae. And quick. Is she still awake?"

Is he an idiot?

"Are you stupid?" I rasp, the annoyance clear in my sharp tone. My throat is hoarse from sickness— but that doesn't mean my voice can manage to sound like steel. "Of course I'm awake— what were you guys laughing about, anyways?"

At my inquisition, Tae lets out a deep giggle before clapping his own mouth shut with his large hand. I can clearly see Jimin shaking with laughter behind him as his hands clutch Tae's upper arm to try to keep himself upright.

"What do you think?"

Then I realize something that makes my heart beat go from calm to the point where I might have a cardiac arrest, and a serious one at that.

My small body is encased in Jungkook's arms, my back pressed tightly up against his chest. Judging by the calm, steady rhythm of his rising and falling breath, he's still asleep, his nose buried into my hair.

"Oh." My voice is breathy and soft as I realize why the two of them are almost near the state of fainting because they're trying to hold in their explosive laughter by holding their breaths.

Good luck with that.

"Is that a camera?"

I catch Jimin hide something behind his back, shaped suspiciously like a sleek, black recorder. It's still beeping the little red light as he stumbles over his words, which are clearly an excuse.

"O-of course not. It's just my..."

He looks desperately towards Tae for help, but Tae keeps his eyes straight forward. "Traitor." Jimin mutters under his breath as he sorely kicks Tae's calf like the ten year old he is.

"Fine," he looks defeated under my furious gaze, withdrawing the recorder from behind his back. "It is. But the question is, what can you do about it?" The smug smile that I want to punch off from his face blooms on his lips like the first touch of spring on winter. Except in this case I'm rather wishing the opposite.

"Oh gosh, you dumb loser. What did you record?"

Jimin's smile grows even wider as he shakes the recorder at me. "Golden material, sweet maknae. There's stuff in here that you'll sell your soul to keep."

What?

Growling deeply, I bunch my hands into tight fists when Jungkook shifts against me. He groans once before breaking his hold around my form and sitting up, still drowsy and eyes struggling to open.

 He groans once before breaking his hold around my form and sitting up, still drowsy and eyes struggling to open

"What's going on?" He mutters, dragging his fingers lazily through his ebony hair. Even though he's literally just woken up, he looks better than me after I pamper myself up. I would never understand how he could manage impossible things like that, nor will I ever manage myself.

"V hyung?" When he looks up, sleep immediately disappears from his expression, replaced with one filled with tentativeness. "Jimin hyung? Is that you?"

"It's me, Kook. And can you keep your girlfriend down— she's going to murder me in a second." He shoots a look at me, and the soft material of the blanket bunches in my fist.

He's not wrong.

"Why? What'd you do to her, hyung?" A pleasant tension tightens my body as he sets down an arm protectively beside my head, covering a part of Jimin's face. "She's still sick, you know."

Tae untangles Jimin's hold on him as Jimin explains quickly, obviously not wanting to be in the spotlight of Jungkook's steely gaze. "No worries, Kook. You don't have to look so mad— all I did was take a few pictures. Is there so much harm in that?"

"Oh." His head tilts in curiosity as he recognizes the recorder in Jimin's hand. "What kind of pictures?"

Gosh, he can be so plain clueless sometimes.

"It's a surprise," Tae's lips stretch into a smile as Jimin blows a fake kiss at Jungkook, who looks so confused that I'm counting down the seconds until he breaks and gets the recorder from Jimin himself.

"Why would you get mad over some pictures?" He asks me, and I clench my teeth. Jimin knows that I won't tell that he took evidence of me and Jungkook snuggling with each other— he knows that I'll die first before I admit something so humiliating like that.

And he's enjoying it way too much.

In the corner of my eye, I can see Tae lightly hitting Jimin's arm in warning. Yes, Jimin. Don't go there, or you'll have me to deal with after I heal up.

"Yeah, what kind of pictures, Lyr? Tell him. It's nothing too bad, don't you think?"

When I stay put with my lips zipped, Jungkook's eyebrows rise in even furthered curiosity. Then before I can pull him back, he jumps off the bed and lunges for the recorder.

All done in the blink of an eye.

As he wordlessly clicks the film and goes through the pictures he took one by one, I can see the hint of a fiery blush crawling up the side of his neck. And he's been scrolling straight for at least a minute by now.

Oh Skies.

How many pictures did that shorty take?

Like the good person he is, Jimin pins the blame on Tae as soon as Jungkook's face begins to go pale.

"Tae's a really nice photographer, isn't he? It's one of his hobbies."

I'm expecting Tae to deny the fact, but all he does is purse his lips. Great, Tae's in on this as well?

As I give him my best glare, Tae sighs and taps his foot in the first signs of nervousness. Then his body seemingly relaxes, his arms crossed over his chest as he shrugs nonchalantly.

"What can I say? You two are great picture material."