The Heads

Jungkook looks up from his book as a loud knock resounds through the entire Palace. It's so loud that even I look up, and I was knitting right next to the noisy crackle of the fire.

He fixes a flat stare at the door for a few seconds, like he could somehow look at who was behind the heavy wood. Before he could motion at me to check who it is, the door flies open.

And in comes the other two Heads.

"Hey, Kook!" The short Head with the striking ashy gray hair yells in ecstasy as he tackles Jungkook straight in the chest.

What the heck is going on?

The other Head with the silky dark hair and green highlights in front of his bangs has the courtesy to close the door behind him. The moment he walks in, his eyes flick towards me quickly and then to Jungkook.

Okaaaaay.

I think that's the cue for me to leave.

As I get to my feet and turn away from the three Heads, the smug voice from the night before calls out at me.

"And where do you think you're going?"

I whip around in surprise, flinching a bit like I was caught doing something illegal. But I wasn't, was I? Licking my lips, I straighten my posture and tilt my head in curiosity.

"Yeah?"

"You will call me Master Jimin from now on. That's Tae, and I assume you already know Jungkook. Can you fetch me a glass of orange juice? No pulp, and with a pinch of sugar, please."

Who does he think he is? My master?

"Do it yourself."

At my words, a deep laugh reverberates from the right— Tae, wasn't it? I'd only seen his face either stiff or emotionless, and I had to admit smiling looked very cute on him. "I like your slave, Kook. She has backbone."

With his eyes still fixed on his book, the corner of Jungkook's lips tug slightly into the ghost of a smile. He flips the page as he looks up to check out Jimin's reaction to my sharp answer, which is not good at all.

The gray haired boy is literally fuming in annoyance as he waves at me dismissively, basically motioning at me to leave. "Are all of your slaves this stubborn, Kook? Not to mention disrespectful— if I had a slave like her, I'd discipline her."

Stupid shorty.

"You will stay." Jungkook mutters, and I nod as respectfully as I can. I even stick a right angle bow in there to anger Jimin even further.

It works like a charm.

"She answers only to me, hyung. But yes, you're completely right about the one thing— she's more stubborn than anyone I've ever seen before."

I shoot a glare at him as I place myself down in the original spot I'd been before Jungkook's visitors had come. Blowing out a breath, I pick up the unfinished scarf for Shadow I'd been making and continue the knitting work.

"Is she even useful? She looks like she'll break while carrying a single potato."

That's it.

Teeth bared in anger, I retort back quickly. "I bet you can't shoot an arrow better than me, shorty." I'm fairly confident in my ability to shoot an arrow— I'd trained in the art ever since I'd been born.