Moon Dance

Leaving the mess of smashed bottles and alcohol behind, I hurriedly get to my feet and follow where Jungkook had taken the man.

Even before I get there, I can already hear someone screaming against someone's hand. Then I hear a low, deadly hiss. Then pleading for mercy.

I get close enough to hear the next words—

"If you wanted to live, you shouldn't have touched her from the start."

My heartbeat getting faster from exhilaration every second, I peek around the corner just a tiny bit to see what was going on.

The top of Jungkook's white shirt is undone, giving him a wild look in stark contrast to his usual calm composure. Even though the man had towered over me earlier, Jungkook is clearly taller as he slams the blubbering man into the walls once more, snarling ferociously.

Within a second, he has both of his hands on the side of the man's head. I know what's going to happen even before the victim himself.

"Please, have mercy on me— I didn't know. I promise—"

Crack.

Jungkook twists his head in a complete right angle, and there is no question that the man is dead not even a second later.

He stands over the man's body, eyes glittering with hate as he growls deeply.

"Lyr. Come out."

I bite my lip as I slowly step out from behind the corner. I think that, in some ways, he knew I would follow and I knew that he would know that.

"I'm sorry. I know you told me not to follow you. But I did anyways."

He closes his eyes for a second then opens them again. This time, all the fury has died down from his eyes, something else replacing its existence.

"I knew you would. It's your specialty— going against my orders, and my orders especially. I would've been surprised if you had stayed behind."

He turns me away from the brutal sight of the corpse and pulls me back into the room filled with people. When I sneak a quick glance at him, his gaze is aimed straight forward.

"It was my mistake to let you go off like that. You're a magnet for trouble, you know that?" He gives me a look of frustration and hate as his eyes meet mine. "And you exasperate me even further by ignoring my orders."

My gaze goes downward with every word he spits at me. I know that I've been a terrible slave— and I've been using his kindness, his mercy.

"I'm—"

Then a loud ring of a bell breaks my apology in the middle, making me jump a mile into the air. Jungkook doesn't tear his eyes off of me as he speaks.

"That signals the Moon Dance. Stay here. And this time, listen to me for once. I am your Master, aren't I?"

I nod defeatedly, my gaze struggling to meet his. I don't want to look up to see the disappointment deep and heavy in his eyes, directed at me for my carelessness and stubbornness.

When he finally leaves for the center of the ballroom, only then I can watch him afar. He's the Head of his Palace at his young age— which meant that his parents were dead.

I feel a tang of sympathy for the tall boy as he stiffly places his arm around a girl, who smiles flirtatiously at him. There's no doubt the girl is of a high rank— she was a typical beautiful girl with a sticklike figure and her face caked with tons and tons of expensive makeup. She was adorned with a dress and jewelry that I'd probably need to sell off my soul to purchase and still I wouldn't have enough to buy it.