Sorry

An inhuman scream tears from my lips as Suga plunges one of his knives into Jungkook's upper chest. Everything blurs around my surroundings and I'm running, running.

Tae is even more shocked than me as Suga pulls out the knife, spraying his blood in a wide arc on the ground. His slanted eyes, usually so friendly and filled with amusement, is now blazing with fiery anger and furious rage as Jungkook collapses into the pool of his own blood.

"You weren't supposed to fucking kill him!" He screams, a light of insanity entering his irises as he lunges for Suga, knife back in his hand and motivation renewed.

He's dead set on strangling that damned idiot, and I'm all for it.

"Jungkook," By the time I get to him, his eyes have lost the life in them, filled with nothing but silence and emptiness. Blood is still pouring out of the stab wound as the medics hurry to lift him onto a stretcher.

The white material soon turns scarlet with his blood.

A gigantic lump forms in my throat as I stare down at the pool of blood on the ground. My vision swims in nausea and numbness as my body freezes to the spot, unable to function. In the distance, I can hear security guards struggling to keep a hold on Tae as he thrashes violently, sending most of them flying every few seconds.

"Let me go," His voice gets dangerously low as he fixes an icy gaze on the men. "Or I will slit all of your throats, along with your wives and children."

Since Suga was now out of the Arena and out of Tae's deadly reach, the soldiers let him go and he immediately reaches for me.

"Lyr," He pulls my frozen body close to his, eyes deep with an emotion I can't decipher. "It'll be alright." He leads me out of the Arena, and for the entire way my eyes are fixed on the ground. I don't think I have the strength to lift my head, or say a single word.

I can feel Tae's Hand tremble against mine, and I know that he needs comfort as well, yet I'm being so selfish of myself. But I can't move. I can't get a word out of my lips— the best thing I can manage is a breathy rasp.

"I'm sorry," It's like those words were my trigger— when I say that, tears instantly flow out of my eyes. "I'm sorry."

Eyes tremulous from anxiety, he grips my shoulders. "What in the world are you sorry about? You didn't do anything."

Yes I did. I killed Jungkook. I killed him.

"Yes, I did." I mutter. I was the one who distracted him. I was the one who met his eyes, and held it there. I was the one who stuck a sword in him and did nothing to tell him anything about it.

Tae looks into my eyes, searching for the truth. When he finds it, his shoulders slump even more and he wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"Come on. We need to see what happened to the golden maknae."

Even though he forgot that Jungkook was older than me, I don't notice. I just follow his lead gratefully, thankful that he wasn't asking me about my sudden confession, thankful that he was willing to comfort me even after he'd seen the truth in my eyes.

"Okay."

With that, he answers my acknowledgment by pulling me out of the bloodstained Arena. I want absolutely nothing to do with this place, and neither does Tae judging by the way he never looks back.

Only when I escape the Arena, I can manage to breathe a bit better. Even though the Arena is the most spacious room in the entire Main Hall, it felt suffocating when I was in there. It was like someone was pressing my neck, and crushing my heart at the same time.

I don't notice I'm trembling like a leaf until my legs itself lift off the ground. A shocked shriek escapes me as Tae firmly holds me up bridal style.

"Relax. You just look very stressed out."

He manages a forced smile at me, the expression nearly fooling me into thinking that he's okay. But before he turns back, I catch a glimpse of pain in his eyes.

Eyes are the mirror to a person's heart.

And right now, even though Tae is trying to pretend to be completely fine for my sake, he's not. Eyes never lie, even though lips will.

"I'm sorry." I mutter so quietly that even Tae's sharp ears don't catch the soft apology. His stiff expression doesn't change for the entire time we go there, posture tense, eyes fixed forward.

Noticing that, I'm reminded of his usual relaxed body, the seemingly never ending box smile while he watches me and Jungkook batter back and forth to each other like kids in a playhouse, fighting for something stupid, like the best shaped pretzel or the best spot to read.

Being reminded me of that only makes the tears come faster and heavier. Will I ever see that smile again? Will I ever get to fight like that with Jungkook again?

Will I ever be alive again?

I'm sorry."