Chapter 27

Don't kill me.

________________

TWO MONTHS LATER

The sunshine was spreading warmth across the white hospital bedsheets. My eyes fluttered open to see the familiar sight before me. I sighed in disappointment.

Tyler's eyes were still closed, his eyelashes that could make any girl envious lying against his pale eyelids. His face was lack of any colour and his familiar scent was filling the air. His hair was tousled behind him.

It was the same thing I woke up to every morning. This was Day 38.

Everyone had given up (even though they didn't exactly say it) long time ago. Sophia visited twice a week, Tiara everyday since she practically lived here too, and his parents 5 times a week. Me? 24/7.

He had to wake up. I knew he would.

Today, I woke up with a strange feeling that I just couldn't put a finger on.

But it was a swirly-unicorn-and-flowers kind of feeling. And instinct maybe?

I sighed and grabbed Tyler's hand in mine, rubbing my eyes sleepily. His hand was still cold.

Maybe I was holding a dead man's hand?

I shook the thought away immediately. You can't lose hope, Hailey! Tyler wouldn't want you to do that!

Maybe Tyler was watching me now...waiting. But for what? I don't know.

The door swung open and Lidia, a motherly nurse I've learnt to love, came in with a cup of fresh coffee in her hands. I smiled at her gratefully and she returned a sympathetic one.

"Darling, you should go home," she said, frowning.

"No, I can't. He needs me," I said quietly.

She nodded, smiling.

"Yes he needs you. But he needs you to take care of yourself. I don't know much about him, but you won't choose just any guy. The guy you choose must have been special, and that means that he wouldn't want you mourning over him," she said, checking the machines and Tyler's pulse and injuries. I nodded mutely, gulping down my coffee.

Then she turned and washed her hands.

"Any changes?" I asked hopefully, as always.

"No sweetheart," she replied sadly. I sighed, running a hand through my messy hair.

"When is he going to wake up?" I cried out in frustration, slamming the cup so hard on the table that the brown liquid spilled over, scalding my hands. But I ignored the pain as tears started streaming down my face.

Lidia knelt before me and grasped my hands, not caring if they were soaked in warm brown liquid.

"He'll wake up when he thinks you're strong enough."

"What are you talking about?!Of course I'm strong enough! Tyler! Why won't he wake up..." My voice trailed off as I convulsed in sobs, burying my face in my hands.

"Honey, listen to me. Ask yourself, do you honestly think you're strong enough?" She whispered urgently.

I paused.

If I was strong enough, would I be crying? Would I be here 24/7, over Tyler's unmoving body?

No.

I shook my head slowly.

Lidia smiled.

"Prove to your man. Show him the girl he chose isn't some skinny wimp," she said, grinning.

I grinned back. She was right.

Then her face fell.

"But before you go out to have some fun in the sun, the police are here to ask you a few questions," she said, patting my hand, a sympathetic smile on her face.

I sighed again, biting my lip.

The police had arrested Andrew a month ago after I was examined, finding abuse signs. He was also identified as the person who stabbed Tyler since he had left evidence in the alley. He was sentenced to life sentence for attempted murder and abuse, and to my surprise, he had even raped a few girls. I frowned at the thought. Who knew what he could have done to me before Tyler saved me from all that crap?

"It's okay, I can handle it," I said, standing up.

"That's my girl," Lidia said, smiling, pulling me into a hug.

~~~

It was 11.50pm.

I slouched lazily on the plastic chair next to Tyler, my eyes still desperately fixed onto him.

I had spent the day swimming in the beach, just trying to have fun with Sophia.

I couldn't help but feel guilty for leaving Tyler, so I decided to stay after dinner.

But it was already near midnight.

Looks like that swirly feeling in me didn't do anything after all.

I sighed, shutting my eyes for a moment or two.

Then I grasped Tyler's hand in mine and stared intently at the face I loved so much.

"I love you, Tyler, don't you dare leave me," I whispered.

I leant back in my chair, ready to sleep, my eyes shut and darkness took over. But just as sleep decided to come, I felt a movement in my hand.

My eyes snapped open in alarm and I looked at Tyler's hand in mine. No...it couldn't be...

Then his finger twitched and I gasped.

The steady beep I hadn't heard for so long came back and filled the room. I gaped at Tyler's peaceful face and leaned close.

"Tyler? Tyler, can you hear me?" I murmured, praying hard.

This was a crucial moment. It either meant that he was going to die. Or he was going to live.

And then the next three words killed something deep inside of me.

"Love you too."

The words were barely a whisper, but the sound croaked its way out of Tyler's parted lips. His eyes fluttered open and met mine. The dark blue orbs, filled with so much emotion, met mine. His eyes...the one that I missed so much...were back. For me.

Those three words he said, killed the hurt and pain that was buried in me.

The tears broke through like a dam as he squeezed my hand tightly. He smiled weakly at me and chuckled as he reached out to wipe a tear from my face. I held his hand there, unwilling to let it go.

"I love you so damn much, Hails."

That's when I broke loose.

_________________

HAHA!

Amazing, huh? ;);););)

Epilogue is coming up! Next chappie, actually!

Cannot believe FEIMH is over so soon D';

Sit tight for the epilogue, because, as I said,

Someone's gonna die.

SO. Since its not Tyler, you can eliminate your choices now. Lalalala have a nice long wait to the next chappie :P

- Ashley