Chapter 22

Here you go!! An early update on the worst day of the week to brighten up your Monday :D

Even though it's pretty depressing.

Never mind, ignore me.

Enjoy!

_______

I felt numb.

It had been two days since I first went to Tyler's house. I'd been visiting the house countless times the last few days, begging Tiara to take me in. But the last visit...no one opened the door. No one even bothered looking out to see who it was. No one was willing to forgive me. Especially not Tyler.

And after I spent a full hour sobbing my heart out outside the door, whispering 'please' over and over again.

It hurt more than the pain Andrew gave me. It hurt more than anything I had ever felt. More than the divorce. More than my mum's drunken nights. But what hurt most were the memories that flashed through my head, bringing a new wave of despair through me.

Tyler kissing me...Tyler holding me...comforting me...soothing me...all his perverted jokes and then his sweet nothings...

When I went home, there were no more tears, just an empty shell.

I turned over on my bed and buried my face in my pillow, only to hit something hard. I looked up to see my phone.

I had sent about a million messages to Tyler, first telling him that the rumours were stupid and incorrect, then I pleaded him to forgive me. Then the gazillion calls, only for him to hang up on me immediately. Sophia wasn't answering me either. There was no one to hold on to now...And it broke me into pieces just to think about it.

I heard my stomach growl and I slowly pushed my weak arms off the bed and headed downstairs to find some food. I opened the fridge door, only to find the clean white containers staring back at me emptily.

I sighed. I had to go out to eat, then.

I looked at the clock and was momentarily surprised to find that it was already 5pm. I had missed lunch and breakfast? Damn.

I bit my lip and pulled on a hoodie, not caring about how I looked for once.

It was raining heavily, thanks to the weird spring nature. I pulled up my hood and walked slowly to the grocery store 3 blocks over, not caring about the rain pounding on my back and soaking my clothes. I shivered in the cold and hurried to the store.

I pushed open the entrance door, emitting a pleasant 'ding'. I went to the back of the store, grabbing a packet of instant noodles, before heading to the cashier.

I paid before turning to the entrance to leave. There was another 'ding' as the door opened and a familiar figure stumbled in with a dripping umbrella.

He looked up and our gazes met, making me freeze.

Tyler.

Tyler POV

Her face was pale, lack of all her rosy colour and the blush I had learned to love. Her thick tresses of brown hair were matted to her face from the rain and I frowned as I noticed her clothes were drenched. She was slightly thinner and looked really frail and vulnerable...like she had already given up on life. I glanced at the packet in her hand: instant noodles. She was hungry. But it was her eyes that made all my thoughts go blank.

They were full of pain and hurt and pleading. It sent a stab into my heart when I realised how much pain she was going through.

But then it struck me what really happened.