Chapter 17

Chapter 17

My pillow was oddly hard. And it was moving. My eyes fluttered open and I yawned, staring up at the ceiling, trying to remember what happened last night. There was an arm draped across my stomach (which was still bandaged), and my pillow was…breathing? Wait what? I shot up with my ninja reflexes and stared down at my pillow, shaking off the arm that was on me. I sighed with relief, but was still slightly confused.

Tyler was below me, his mouth hanging slightly open and he was drooling. There was already a wet patch below his mouth. I giggled. He looked so cute. His hair was in a terrible mess. He was still in his party clothes, with a shirt (I felt kind of disappointed), but was either way hot.

What was he doing here? In my bed? At twelve noon? On a school day—

Oh. My. God.

It was a school day.

“Shit! Tyler! Tyler! Wake up!” I yelled, shaking him. He didn’t even move from his initial position. God, he slept like a pig.

“Wake! Up! You! Pig!” I hollered in his ear, whacking him with a pillow with each word. He finally startled awake, closing his mouth shut and wiping the drool off the side of his mouth.

“What? What? Fire?” he asked, looking really adorable as he looked around the room, eyes wide.

“No,” I said, rolling my eyes. “We missed about three periods already! Move your ass.”

“Oh,” was all he said before he plonked back down onto the bed and shut his eyes again.

“Did you not hear me, Tyler Andersen Thomas?” I shrieked, whacking him again.

“I like them feisty,” he said, waggling his eyebrows. I blushed and rolled my eyes.

“Get up, already!” I whacked him again.

“Gosh, don’t break my delicate skin! I’m up, I’m up!” he put his hands up in surrender.

“I never want to wake up next to you again,” I said, grumbling.

“Oh, you’ll take that back! Next time I’m sleeping next to you, you’ll be so exhausted you’ll be asleep before you hit the hay—OUCH! Okay, I’m going!” he laughed as I blushed.

“Stay in the bathroom and never come out!” I yelled. He just laughed.

I shook my head, grinning. That boy sure knew how to wake me up.

~~~

When we got to school, it was already lunch and everybody was in the cafeteria. Tyler headed to the cafeteria first after giving me a long passionate kiss that left me weak-kneed. I went to my locker, stuck a silly photo of the both of us on the door and took out my History books.

Then suddenly, the photo was ripped off my locker door.

I turned around and was face to face with…

You guessed it.

Dylan Miller, the ex.

“So, you’re with Tyler Thomas now, huh, Hailey?” he snarled in my face. I rolled my eyes, snatched the photo away from him and put it in my locker before walking away.

He grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him. His eyes were full of hatred and anger, but I wasn’t fazed.

“What do you want?” I asked, crossing my arms.

“What do I want?” he laughed humourlessly. “I want to know why my girlfriend left the party with another guy and came to school late with the same guy. I want to know why my girlfriend rejected me at a party last night and has the guts to kiss another guy. I want to know why you’re cheating on me, Taylor.”