Chapter 24

Hailey POV

I've been sleeping for what seemed like days. The darkness was slowly fading to a white and my brain was slowly waking up. A monotone beeping was becoming louder. My limbs were slowly waking up and I shifted my hand, only to find something weighing it down. I frowned a little and winced when my stomach ached. My eyes fluttered open and I looked to my right hand...only to find another person's over it.

I frowned and moved my gaze up and gasped when I saw the hand's owner.

Tyler?

Wait...What is he doing here? What the hell happened?

I looked up at his tired, familiar face and smiled when warmth filled me, spreading out from his limp hand on mine.

He was asleep, slouching on the chair, leaning towards me, as if he'd fallen asleep doing just that. He's hand was entwined with mine. His hair was really messy, but hot-messy. There was a trace of heavy eyebags under his closed eyes. Gosh, he hadn't slept much, had he?

Why is he here, anyway? Shouldn't he be at home, cursing me for the crime I never did?

Then it struck me.

The abuse. The call. Tyler's voice.

I smiled at the thought. He had saved me. But had he forgiven me?

Then anger returned and I winced. Andrew had took Tyler away from me and who knew what he was going to do next?

Suddenly, Tyler groaned a little and his eyes fluttered open. He rubbed them sleepily and stared at me for a moment. Then he gasped and stumbled out of his chair, eyes wide. He leant over me and grinned so widely I thought his face could split.

"Oh my God, are you okay? Do you feel fine? I'm gonna get the nurse, I'm just--" he rambled. I lifted my fingers to his lips and stopped him, smiling.

"Just stay for a while, please?" I whispered. A smile lit up his face and he pecked me on the lips.

"Definitely," he answered, grinning. "I missed you so damn much, Hails."

He sat back down, stroking my hand lovingly. It felt so right, just so perfect with him here, holding my hand.

"Tyler, what happened? Exactly?" I mumbled.

His expression darkened and he bit his lip. Sorrow was swirling in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Hails. I was just...I never hated you, you've got to know. I never hated you because I couldn't stop loving you," he whispered, looking so sorry I felt like crying for him.

"And I couldn't stop loving you either," I smiled. He bit his lip.

"You don't have to forgive me. I put you through so much pain just because of some stupid rumour. I shouldn't have been so gullible, I should have at least asked you. It was a stupid matter of trust--"

With all my strength, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him to me, pressing my lips to his. He responded quickly and quickly laid me down so that I wouldn't hurt myself. The kiss was sweet and tender and both of us knew then that I forgave him.

He pulled away for air and laid his forehead to mine, his eyes so loving I was overwhelmed.

"Time to call the nurses," I smirked. He grinned and stood up.

~~~

Sophia came to visit me after that, apologising profusely for treating me like shit. Tyler's parents came into the room a while later, with tears in their eyes. Mrs Thomas ran over to me, hugging me tightly and apologising for pushing me away that day. I patted her on the back comfortingly.

"Oh darling, I feel so so bad. I shouldn't have done that! I should have known that it wasn't real. I should have known--" tears were cascading down her face now.

"It's okay, Mrs Thomas. You did what you had to do. I would have done that too," I said soothingly, patting her back awkwardly.

She pulled back, sniffing as she rubbed her eyes. She gave me a warm smile before turning to her husband.

"Frank, do you mind excusing us for a while?" She asked. Mr Thomas gave me a smile before leaving, shutting the door behind him.

The moment there was the click, Mrs Thomas lunged forward and was trembling with so much excitement I thought she was gonna explode.

"So, tell me all about you and my little boy! I never got the heart-to-heart talk with a girlfriend! Tell me, dearie," she said, grinning. I blushed.

"Where do I start?" I mumbled. She laughed loudly, grinning like crazy.

"From the beginning!"

So I started from my first day of school. She started crying halfway through the breakup part and I patted her bac again.

But she recovered quickly (I swear she's bipolar) and gave me a tight hug.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to Tyler, dear. Hold on to that thought, you hear me? You're perfect just the way you are. That boy loves you. And I won't be surprised if he pops the question soon," she winked, making me blush. Thens he stood up, ready to leave.

Before she closed the door, however, she sent me another wink, saying, "Remember to use protection!"

Oh my God.

I turned redder than a gazillion tomatoes mixed together.

~~~

ONE WEEK LATER

I was finally discharged from the hospital and hanging out with my two best girlfriends. We'd shopped for the whole day and Tiara never stopped buying stuff for me.

Once 5 hours of shopping were over, we decided to stop for a lunch break.

Sophia had gone to buy her food and now Tiara and I were in the booth together talking happily.

Suddenly her expression changed and she looked really sorry.

"I haven't told you how sorry I am, Hailey," she said, grasping my hands. "I believed my idiot of a brother and I pushed you away like that! I'm so freaking sorry!"

I laughed, smiling, but she never backed down.

"You know that letter that my mum gave you that day?" She whispered. I flinched at the memory.

"I wrote it."

I froze, staring up at her in disbelief. Tears were streaming down her face, ruining her makeup.

"I'm so so so so sorry! I didn't know...I wanted to make sure that you didn't hurt him...I was so...I'm sorry!" She was bawling now and passers-by were staring. I hugged her tight, biting my lip.

"It's okay, Tiara. You did what I would have done to," I murmured.

She pulled back, rubbing her puffy eyes.

"You know why I'm in the hospital for so long?" She asked, smiling weakly. I shrugged, curious.

"Yesterday the doctor said it's acute leukaemia. It can't be cured. I'm going to die, Hails," she whispered. I gasped and pulled her in for another hug.

"No, don't say that. You're not gonna die. You're the strongest person I've ever known. You're not gonna freaking die with me here," I whispered firmly.

"Whatever happens, make my little brother happy for me, will you? I know you can and you will," she whispered back, smiling.

"Don't say that..." I muttered, tears spilling.

"Don't tell him yet, okay? He loves you, don't disappoint him."

"I'll never do that," I whispered, biting my lip.

"I'll never do that."

_________________

Double chappie upload :D Yay me