Chapter 20

School passed by in a blur and when the bell rang, I found myself walking alongside Tyler, caught up in my own world.

During lessons I didn't listen to the teacher, almost got myself a detention for not doing so, just because I was thinking so hard about what Andrew had told me in the morning. He was going to take Tyler away from me? What was that supposed to mean? He can't possibly do anything that bad...I shivered; With Tyler, you just never know.

I was still thinking about it when suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder in the middle of the crowd. I snapped out of my thoughts and turned around to see Tyler adjusting his backstrap.

"Hey, you have that look on your face," he said, pulling my bag off my shoulder. I tugged it back onto my shoulder and gave him a frown, even though he undoubtedly brightened my day with his presence.

"Don't touch my bag. Anyway, what look?" I asked. Tyler grabbed the bag off my shoulder and slung it over his own. I stuck out my tongue at him. He copied me.

"I'm your boyfriend, holding your bag for you is the least I can do to make my favourite girl feel better than she looks. Seriously, what's wrong? You have that 'I'm thinking really hard about something but I'd rather not talk about it' look on your face," he replied, holding my hand, sending tingles up my arm.

"No look," I protested.

"Is it about Andrew?" he asked suddenly, his eyes darkening.

I shrugged, trying to seem nonchalant when my heart was pounding at the mere mention of his name.

"That bastard, I swear I'm gonna kill him--" Tyler clenched his fists.

"Tyler, just...just don't think about it, okay? Where are we going anyway? I feel like having some girl fun," I suggested, trying to change the subject. Tyler sighed and ran a hand through his hair, before leaning down and pecking me on the lips.

"Wanna come to my house? Tiara's out of the hospital," he asked, smiling a little forcedly.

"Sure," I chirped. Just thinking about spending the day with my favourite boy in the world made me happy and the presencce of Tiara was a big bonus!

When we reached his house, I shot out of the car and pressed the doorbell repeatedly. I heard Tyler laugh from the car.

"Hold your horses!" I heard Tiara's muffled voice come from behind the door before it swung open. I leaped onto her and gave her my famous bear hug as she laughed.

"Hello to you too, Hailey," she said. I blushed and pulled away from her, grinning goofily.

"Geesh, if only I could make her smile like that," Tyler muttered jokingly. I punched him lightly on the arm, before looking back at Tiara. Then I gasped.

Her usually-rosy face was pale and sullen and her arms looked frail. She looked like she could be blown away in a gust of wind. Her golden tresses hung limply by her face and the smile she gave me looked weak. How could she become like this when just a few days ago, she was twirling around healthily and having a sleepover with us?

"Oh my gosh, Tiara...What happened?" I whispered, touching a lock of her hair and watching as a few strands flew to the ground. She shrugged.

"They think it's some sort of rare illness thing. But enough about me. What are you doing here? I missed you madly," she said, hugging me again. I hugged her a little carefully, scared that she may break into a thousand pieces of something.

"Is this some watershed hello or something? I can't stay out here for a very long time you know. The heat's killing me," Tyler said, fanning himself. I laughed and Tiara snorted.

"In that case I'll switch on the heater inside to make sure you melt," she retorted. Tyler rolled his eyes and strode into the house as I sniggered behind his back.

~~~

I lay on Tyler's bed, my legs propped up to support 'Twiilight' as I re-read the part at the baseball match. Tyler was next to me, entangling his legs with mine, his arm across my torso. His heat was so warm and comforting and we stayed in this position for hours.

"You know..."

I turned to look at him. His eyes were closed, but he was talking.,

"Dylan gone doesn't mean anything, except that you have loads more freedom," he whispered, opening his eyes. He caressed my cheek, making me shiver.

"Yeah...but it just seems like something's gonna happen, you know?" I replied, putting down the book and rolling onto my side so we faced each other. We were mere inches apart.

"Not all instincts are right," Tyler replied softly.

"But..."

He placed his fingertips on my lips to prevent me from talking any more.

"No buts," he whispered firmly.

Then his lips claimed mine. His touch sent waves of pleasure coursing through my body and I found my lips moving in sync with his. His hands travelled to my back, pulling me closer to him. I wove my hands into his golden hair and pressed his lips to mine. He moved so that he pinned me to the bed as he straddled me carefully. He nipped on my bottom lip, making me shiver, and I opened my mouth willingly for him to enter. His tongue explored my mouth and his danced with mine, making me pull him closer to me. Then he pulled away reluctantly, panting, causing me to whimper in need.

"No matter what happens...no matter what happens, Hailey..." he whispered against my lips.

"I'll always love you."

I smiled against his lips and his eyes lit up.

"I love you too, my big bad boy," I murmured.

Then I pulled him to me again and kissed him passionately as he chuckled against my lips.

______________________

Awwww! Sweet max :D

Update: mmmm.....Most likely next weekend only :/

Teaser: Team Tyler.....don't cry! And don't abandon Tyler  just because he's a stupid buffalo ><

Go check out my new book Only Love can Mend our Broken Pasts and add it to your reading lists!!!

-Ashley