Chapter 1

• Dedikert til every girl who's got their heart broken

Hey guys :) This story was originally quarter written on my previous account, pinkfluffyunicorn99, and since my exams are over, I'm trying my best to do it here :) Hailey was originally named Rose in the previous story and Tyler still sticks. :)

Please please comment when you read this first chapter to show your support I really need it ><

Well, here's the story then :))

Any resemblance to any character or animal in this story is purely coincidental

___________________________

Chapter 1

Hailey POV

First day at a new high school. Ever experienced it? Yeah, it sucks bad.

Everyone knew each other, except for me and my anti-social self. I pushed past a group of tall kids chatting and catching up after summer and tried my best to spot a sign leading to the receptionist.

Yes, me. Hailey Taylor, sixteen, and starting at a new high school. Athletic, straight-A student, pianist, sings in the shower like a boss, and cannot live in a world without cookies. I moved into this new high school in a new state after...an incident with my ex boyfriend. My mum is a hopeless drunkard, after she divorced my father, and she brings home one-night-stands 365 nights a year.

I glanced at my watch and realised I was well and truly dead. People were filtering the hallway to get to their homerooms and I haven't even reached the receptionist! I tried to suppress the increasing panic in me. I wandered around for a few minutes before I gave up. The first bell would ring any moment. I turned around and saw more students rushing to their classes. My panic overwhelmed me and before I could think, I reached out and tapped a boy on his shoulder. He turned around and I tried to stop myself from widening my eyes.

His blonde hair flopped over his dark blue eyes. He ran a hand through his hair and his face was completely calm and neutral. I tried not to hyperventilate. Why, oh why, did I have to get a hot dude? Why didn't my stupid hand just get a geek with a laptop or something?! Why this guy?! Why did he have to look so stupidly handsome?!

I noticed the blonde girl beside him was raising an eyebrow at me. She was pretty but didn't look like those b*tchy types. Her blonde hair was tied in a long French braid down her back, and she pushed her fringe out of her green eyes. She was clad in a checkered shirt and jeans. She had a skeptical look on her face as she looked me down. I tried not to swallow at her intimidating appearance.

"Erm...I...I was...I..." I stammered. But the guy laughed, making my heart race. The girl beside him raised his eyebrows at him before he spoke again.

"You're new? Wondering where the receptionist is? Don't worry, I was the exact same spot as you're in five months ago. If it wasn't for Sophia here, I never would have got to my homeroom. The school's just so damn big," he said, smiling. Sophia gave me a half-smile, so brief I didn't even think I saw it.

"Yeah, you're right." I blushed. He grinned.

"We'll take you there. The first day's always a torture. Lectures about behaviour and all. I'm Tyler. This is my best friend, Sophia," he introduced. We started to walk to the receptionist, with me just blindly following them.

"I'm Hailey," I introduced, smiling as I shook Sophia's hand, trying to make her smile back at me. Her lips moved upwards to form a genuine smile. One cookie point for Hailey!

Then I moved to Tyler and shook his hand, his intense gaze making my heart pound. I felt an electric shock run through my hand from where we touched. I blushed and turned away to make sure he wouldn't see.

"So any sports you play?" He asked. Sophia chuckled and I looked at her questioningly.

"Don't mind him. That's the first question he asks anybody. 'Any sports you play?' " She mimicked his voice and I found myself laughing. I heard Tyler mutter under his breath.

"Actually, I do play sports," I answered, smiling. "Basketball, captain's, tennis, soccer, hockey, skating...you name it, I do it."

"I'm impressed," Sophia said, grinning. I could tell she loved someone who could do all that.

"We could have a game one day after school. Whatddaya think, Hails?" Tyler suggested.

"Hails?" I raised an eyebrow at him. He laughed.

"New nickname. Keep it. Suits you," he said, nudging my shoulder. I flinched.

They looked at me questioningly but I avoided their gaze. His touch reminded me of my terrible past.

We reached the office. I thanked both of them quietly and walked into it. I got my timetable and a map of the school, before walking out. Tyler gave me a curious look and I tried to ignore it. Sophia leant ove my timetable and examined it.

"You're in all the best classes!" She said, her eyes widening. I giggled nervously. He looked at me and I tried hard not to blush.

"You're a straight-A student?" He asked. The curious look was gone and I certainly felt better.

"I guess you could say that..." I mumbled.

"I can't believe I made friends with a geek," he said teasingly. I whacked him on his arm and Sophia laughed.

Then the bell rang.

"We've got homeroom together, we'll try our best to show you around to your classes and everything," Sophia said.

"Anything I should know while I wander around school later on?"

"Yeah. Keep away from Dylan Miller," both of them said simultaneously. They didn't even high five each other or something when they said it together. Their faces were totally serious.

"Okay, sure sure." I raised my eyebrow at them. I followed them into homeroom.

Who was Dylan Miller and why should I keep away from him?

_____________________

And....that is all for now :) It's pretty short I know >< But do hope everyone who reads this can comment :) It's a pretty boring chapter...nothing special. But it leads to a whole awesome plot ;) so do be patient :) Please comment!! We'll talk about voting later on :P Wanna know what happened in Hailey's past? It's pretty sad but stay on to know more ^^

Picture on the right is of Hailey Taylor played by Emma Watson, our pretty BFF of harry potter :)))