Chapter 15

I told Tiara, Tyler and Sophia about the party during breakfast, but only Tyler and Sophia could make it. Tiara had a check-up with the hospital and she was making it clear throughout breakfast that she hated being unable to have fun with us. Tyler was obviously pretending that nothing had happened the night befre, but he didn't speak one word to me, making me feel disappointed for some reason, which made me have a mini debate in my head the entire morning that went something like this:

Oh, how i wished we actually did kiss last night--

Shut up, Hailey! You have a boyfriend!

So what? Dylan's sweet and all, but Tyler is like wowww. I just want to see him sleep with that adorable look on his face and--

You're sounding like a freaking Edward Cullen! Shut up!

I do not! shut up, Hailey!

No, you shut up, Hailey!

Something like that.

And that wasn't the only thing that was contributing to the throbbing headache I had.

"I hate it! Why can't the stupid hospital choose another damn day to have the f*cking appointment? I'm well enough! They think I'm well enough to get out of that horrible place and have some fun in the sun, but suddenly I can't go to a damn party? Are they bipolar--" Tiara's voice was getting shriller by the moment.

"Technically, you have a check-up everyday so re-arranging it isn't going to change anything," Tyler pointed out, slurping down his cereal noisily as I gave him a pointed glare before returning to stabbing at my Froot Loops, trying to get it to dangle on my fork since I lost my appetite listening to Tiara. Sophia had her head in her hands, fingers plugging her ears as she softly hummed a random tune, trying to block out Tiara's whining. But Tiara carried on like her brother hadn't said anything.

"--or something? I mean, what can just one party do? Just a few drinks--"

"In other words, a vodka consuming competition on top of a poker table with a large audience," Tyler muttered, making me snigger.

"--and maybe even a few hot dudes--"

"She means an entire night of sex," Tyler murmured, ruffling his hair. I stuffed my fist in my mouth, stifling my laughter.

"--I mean seriously? Who restricts you from doing that? From having fun? Fun is something we kids need, for f*cking sake! What kind of jerkhead would--"

"TIARA! SHUT UP ALREADY!" Sophia blurted out, groaning. I couldn't hold my laughter any longer and burst out laughing. Tyler joined in when he saw the confused looks on Sophia and Tiara's faces. Then they slowly mimicked us and the four of us ended up rolling on the floor, faces contorted with mirth.

Once we recovered, Sophia spoke up.

"Look, we get it," she said between gasps of air after laughing for too long, "you hate the nurses. But that doesnt stop you from dressing us up! That's your second most favourite thing to do associated with a party!"

Tiara's lips turned up so high it seemed inhumane and the smile looked like it belonged more to a Cheshire cat.

~~~

Later that afternoon, I was the last to be dressed up since I had put up a tough fight. Sophia eagerly plonked herself on the chair an hour ago, nearly begging Tiara to doll her up, while ont he other hand, I had to struggle against both of them as they restrained me on the chair.

That left me tied to a chair with Tiara's old scarves and blindfolded with a sleeping mask.

"Are you guys doneeee?" I whined, crossing ym arms.