| Chapter Ten | Mending Relationships or At Least Trying to

Start from the beginning

"Is that why Hazia got special treatment compared to Shia?" Sky asked not looking at Jordan. Jordan shook his head.

"No, you gotta consider the fact that Shia was overtaken by Skaldia multiple times during the Decade War, Hazia is positioned at the corner of Etora basically. It was positioned in a spot where you would be safe." Jordan said. Sky didn't look at Jordan, not speaking either. Jordan looked ahead. "Don't worry, Sky, you don't have to be King for a long time--"

"I-I'm not fit for that." Sky said. He looked at Jordan. "And why should I believe you? What proof do you have? I don't--"

"What is your father's name, Sky?" Jordan asked looking at him. Sky's eyes soften, staring at him, he looked away. "I'm not expecting you to believe me, Sky. I'm really not. But I know you do, believe me, Falicia told me about how you have nightmares about your past, about your parents. So...in a way...you always knew, you just never put the pieces together until now." Sky paused, he stared at the ground, not speaking. Jordan looked ahead, seeing Citis. "I'll answer any questions you have, Sky, anything you want to know, I'll tell you. King Mitchell, Prince Ty, Master Azdel, Linda, and I are the only ones who know your true identity, so you can trust us." Sky stayed quiet the rest of the ride, staring at the ground as they entered Citis, he held the reins of the horse as Jordan went to help take the prince inside. Sky sat up a bit looking at Linda.

"L-Linda." He stuttered. Linda stopped, looking at him.

"What?" She asked. Sky stared at her, saying nothing and just looking away. She sighed. "Sorry, I guess I should be more respectful of you now, but just in case you haven't figured it out, we can't treat you like a king out in public--"

"I'm no king," Sky mumbled. Linda hesitated for a second.

"Than why in the hell are you here?" Linda asked making Sky look at her. He was gonna speak but she cut him off. "I don't mean to be rude here, but I don't think you understand just how much depends on you. If you don't become king, we'll lose everything, it's a stupid gamble that Jordan has decided to take when he had plenty of other options to take. He--"

"Don't you realize what you are asking of me?" Sky asked her. Linda nods.

"Yeah, I do. I basically grew up in the castle, Sky. And if King Mitchell can be a king, so can you. So don't make us regret betting it all on you because we don't have anything else if you won't be king." She said. Sky watch her go inside, he slumped in the seat, staring at the ground again, hearing footsteps coming up behind him, up the side of the wagon and stops.

"Man, they all have sticks up their asses." A voice said. Sky looked beside him, his eyes widen a bit.

"Ian." He mumbled.

"So, you are some prince...wait no...King. King Sky, that just sounds weird to say out loud." Ian said.

"That's because it would actually be King Adam, not King Sky." A voice said making them both jump. Sky turned, looking at Jordan who has his arms crossed against his chest. "And I told you to stay in Hazia." Ian stared at him for a second, thinking of what to say to him.

"So...did you and Linda make up yet? Because if our two leaders aren't getting along then we're screwed." Ian said making Jordan visibly flinch.

"What? Linda...why do you—Stop trying to change the subject—"

"But did Linda and you...make up?" Sky asked. Jordan looked at Sky and back at Ian, he didn't know how to answer. Sure Linda and he have talked since their fight five days ago, but that was only plans for this trip and what to do, he knows they aren't on good terms still and he kinda misses being on good terms with her.