Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"I still don't see why I have to be here," I said, stuffing my hands into my jean jacket as my younger half-sister, Clary, hooked her arm into one of mine.

"Because it's my 18th birthday and you promised," She said with a giant smile. I swear death it's self couldn't stop this girl from smiling.

"At least you get to celebrate yours. Mom just locked me in the house for mine," I commented, my legs bouncing slightly from the cold. Out of all the days, my sister had to choose a cold ass night to stand outside a club with her BFF's band as they loaded up the van.

My dark jeans blended in with my dark, black boots that stopped at my ankles. The night made my jean jacket look black while it seemed to bring out the purple in my shirt. My light brown hair that held a few light strains of red in it was pushed back into a pony-tale, revealing my un-makeup face.

Unlike my sister, you'd never find me wearing make-up. Or a dress.

"Alright, it's cold, we should head out," Maureen, Clary's friend's bandmate, said as she let out a laugh.

I nodded, "Agreed."

Quickly Clary let go of my arm to climb into the van, my feet ready to join her. My body turned, but suddenly stopped when it collided into another body. Quickly my eyes looked up and my mouth opened to apologies.

"Sorr-" I started but stopped when I saw the person standing before me. His blonde hair was shaved on the sides but staid long on top. His tone was serious and surprised as he looked at me with those brown and blue mixed eyes. Weird tattoos covered parts of his neck and arms.

My eyes were glued to this man like he was some shinny star in the darkest of nights. His eyes seemed to stick to me like glue before his mouth pull me back to reality, "You can see me?"

That confused me, making my face scrunch up, "Yeah, well I mean not a minute ago."

I didn't know if he was joking or being rude.

"Faith, who's this?" Clary asked, make her way to my side as she looked at the blonde confused.

My voice couldn't speak, as if it were drawn from me like a spell. The man mumbled something under his breath before one of his friends called his name from the club doors, "Jace!"

The blonde, Jace, turned around to look at his friends before giving me one last glance and disappearing into the club.

That name, it sounded so familiar. It wasn't a common name, which made me all the more curious on why it gave me a Deja Vu feeling.

Clary turned to her friends, "Can you guys believe that blonde dude?"

"What dude?" Maureen asked confused.

"The guy that just talked to Faith like three seconds ago," Clary said. But my eyes were still set on the club doors where the blonde haired man disappeared through.

I've never felt this way before. Normally, this type of encounter would have me confused as hell and make me just shake my head and leave at people's stupidity. But this, this was different. Everything about that man seemed so... familiar.

Clary, Simone, and Maureen's conversation was checked out of my thoughts as I finally lowered my arms and headed back towards the club. I could hear Clary's voice calling my name and the sound of her heels patting against the cement as she chased after me.

Once inside, the loud club music seemed to draw out any words that came from Simon or Maureen's mouth. Yet, my sisters could be pointed out at a firework show to me.