chapter twenty four

"So both of you went there together?" Dongwoo asked as he sat down beside the chubby brunette. Sunggyu just nodded to the question. He was not even denying the fact. Dongwoo pouted due to the answer.

"You should bring me along," Dongwoo whined. Sunggyu just shrugged of as he pushed the mineral water to Dongwoo's chest urging him to drink the water.

"I just wanted to show him something, why would you follow us?" Sunggyu answered with the most sarcasm that he have.

"I am your best friend, gyu-ah!" Dongwoo whined again, making Sunggyu pinched his cheeks, asking him to stop whining but the other never stop himself anyway. He felt jealous that his best friend being stolen away by his new friend. Then, Sunggyu started to tickle on Dongwoo in order to make the other stopped whining. Both of them began to tickle each other as their giggles echoed in the room.

While then, Woohyun looked at both of them lovingly. It was a beautiful sight to watch anyway since the best friends were having their good time together. Suddenly, Woohyun felt a shadow hovered over him. It was Hoya.

"What are you doing here, instead?" Hoya asked as he taking the place beside Woohyun to sit on. Bith of them were sitting on the ground. Hoya opened his water bottle and started to gulp in a big amount of water. He was tired from the practice earlier. Woohyun just shrugged off.

"They are really good to each other, right?" Hoya asked Woohyun. Woohyun nodded. Woohyun was amazed at Hoya as Hoya had started to open up for him slowly. They used to be in the matching glare but now, they were comfortably chit-chatting with each other.

"Hoya-ah!" Woohyun called as the had been in silence for a quiet minutes. Hoya looked at him questioningly.

"Why?" Hoya asked.

"How do you know that you are in love?" Woohyun looked at Hoya with his pleaded eyes. Hoya just smirked to hear the question.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai laid himself down on his comfortable bed. He ignored the noise from the outside of his bedroom. His father nagged at him again. He was just making fuses about how Kai could not afford to 'get good' grade in school. Kai sighed again. He was tired of his own life that he had disown his life to his father. His father was the one who controlled him the most, choosing the one that he should be friends with and what should he do in the future ahead. He was tired being a puppet to his father. Following here and there.

Sometimes, Kai had wondered why people kept saying he was lucky to be born in a rich family. He live in most of comfortable. Kai wondered how the poor and the average found their own happiness without being rich.

Money was not anything, he realized. That was what he had learn from Jang Dongwoo.

The god was just being fair. When there was the rich, then there was the poor too. When there was happiness, the sadness would overwhelm at the last. Fair. Kai smiled to himself. Maybe because he was rich, the god didn't want him to meet his happiness yet. Maybe it was a little late. Maybe that he needed to wait for a little more. Just maybe.

But then, something hit his memories. Kyungsoo.

He had remembered the way Kyungsoo ran away from him in the dark. How would his own best friend being a traitor and ran away from him? Should he called that as best friend? Or enemy? No! He could not bear calling Kyungsoo a traitor. They had known each other since they were in their diapers.

But then, why he ran away?

'You are a beast, Jongin-ah!' Kyungsoo's voice echoed in his head. Oh, yes! He was a beast in Kyungsoo's eyes. He used to be a baby in Kyungsoo's eyes and now, he was a beast. A wild beast.