Tragedy 30

Heyyyyy, so I'm really excited about this chapter, you'll probably hate me for it though ,I got this idea from Grey's anatomy.
___________________________________
Shawn's pov

Being a doctor was amazing,it was a really interesting job while also being rewarding saving people from sickness and death and helping families keep their loved ones.

but,it also had its downsides death ,loosing people in surgery,it being too late to help them or there being no way to help them which ultimately leads to families loosing loved one's, it was the worst part of the job and the rare times it happened was the worst.

It was a Wednesday at 12:45am I was 5 hours into my shift and had treated some minor injuries, the hospital was quiet no urgent patients to attend,I was in the locker room reading which I do when I've spear time(which is rare) I got a message on my buzzer and Heard an ambulance pull up outside and I instantly got into doctor mode .

I see the paramedics wheel in a stretcher and I rush to its side "catch up?" I ask the nurse holding his chart as we rush to the ER.
"Female ,52, involved in car accident potential brain hemorrhage" I processed the information "operation room 2 stat" I got a feeling this would be a bad one.

2 hours later (after surgery)
This was one of those times, the chances of that woman living was 30% and we tried everything,2 neurosurgeons and we still lost her.

I slowly walked to the waiting room pulling at my mask ,where her husband was waiting I sat down next to him staying silent after a few minutes he looks up 'whats happening with my wife ' he said through clenched teeth "sir, your wife was suffering from acute internal hemorrhageing on the brain we performed surgery but unfortunately it was too late,even if she survived she would have been brain dead ...I'm sorry" I held my head low

It was now 6am ,the Er had been pretty quiet after that except a few minor injuries I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep, I remembered that Lydia had an early class today meaning she'd be getting up for college now ,I pulled out my phone to check my messages and give her a call I enter my contacts and go to call her.

"You" I get startled by screaming and turn to face the man I saw a few hours ago "youuu-you killed my wife" I see people start to gather around "sir please calm down you can't be shouting in here " " don't you tell me what to do " I hear gasps all around as he pulls out a gun " hey wow wow listen,we can talk about this come on put the gun away " he reached for the trigger "hey listen you don't need to do anything you'll regret ple-(bang)" it's like everything happened in slow motion,I thought of Lydia and Ryan and felt it slip away.

Numb,dark,cold,pain.

___________________________________
I'm kinda proud of myself on this one with the medical research I did I hoped it was longer though.