Progress ,6

So it's been nearly 2 months in the hospital and the doctors believe I Was to walk... Or attempt to.

I have izzy and Harry in the room with me. And there are doctors well more specifically Dr. Mendes who is really quite with me but also gives me the odd smile and wink 😉

I had been getting a lot better, my leg was completely healed after 6-7 weeks which was expected. All that was left was for me to walk on it again, I could only get around with crutches or a wheelchair.

This was the hardest part but I have plenty of help. Harry and izzy for support, two male nurses to help guide me and Dr Mendes to take notes and treat me.

The setup was simply but intimidating.

After been stood at the end of the bars dr mendes gave me instructions "so what your goal is, you will walk to the other end, now take your time and breath don't worry if you don't get it at first it will take time, as they say one step at a time ...

After been stood at the end of the bars dr mendes gave me instructions "so what your goal is, you will walk to the other end, now take your time and breath don't worry if you don't get it at first it will take time, as they say one step at a time and you have plenty of support"

Izzy pov(best friend)
I am so proud of Lydia she has been so strong and I am so glad to be her friend. Her family disowning her, moving to a different country and starting college and now this. She has recovered so good and I know she can do this.

I know there is something going on between shawn and her, I need to find out. The tension around them is crazy. I need to have a talk with him.

Dr Mendes pov.
She is doing amazing, honestly in saying 2 months recovering I knew it was a long shot but she did it and now it is the hardest part. She is strong I know from what she went through. I have all faith in her that she will be back walking in a few weeks.

I am waiting for the day she is discharged because I can't wait to just grab her and kiss her, I would do it now only it's against hospital regulations to have a relationship with a patient.but I'm falling for her.

Lydia pov
I'm not pressured, here I am with about 5 steps till the end, I have time but I want to do this, I know I can. Everyone's eyes are on me but all I can see is shawn, what he said still runs through my head.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, my arms were shaking as I gripped the bars on either side of me. I lifted the knee of my left leg which was not sore but felt weird. I felt like I had disowned a limb. I lowered my foot to the ground and braced myself to put my body weight on it.

Harry pov
Its crazy to think about everything that she went through and now this, she even managed to get all her college assignments done and handed in and graded, I'm so grateful to be her friend.

But Ellie has mentioned that she thinks something is going on between Lydia and the doctor.

Lydia pov
I took another deep breath as I switched legs and officially took my first step, I let out the breath as everyone said well done, I looked at izzy and she smiled, Harry winked and shawn just stared at me.

The process continues and got easier after each step and before I knew it I was sitting down and being hugged my my friends who soon had to leave but I thanked for the support. The 2 male nurses, help me into the chair and left then leaving me and shawn in the room together.

I adjusted the chair to a comfortable position and rolled over to him, He sat at a desk taking down notes rapidly onto my chart, not noticing me I coughed to get his attention and he looked up and raised an eyebrow "what can I help you with" "well firstly if like to know if I can leave now" "em OK I guess, I will be with you in a few minute to help you into bed" "yeah I'm sure that's what you've been wanting"

Oh no did just just say that out loud

________________________________
Yay finally i updated, I literally went blank but I'm back now. Thanks for reading, vote.