We arrived at the hospital what seemed like seconds later.  Everything was moving way too fast, I could barely keep up with what was going on.  I caught a glimpse of her blood stained face and my heart wrenched in pain.  I staggered off the ambulance, but couldn't make it inside, falling to my knees outside the sliding doors.  I felt weak and light headed.  Moriah.  My Moriah.  She was dying.  This was more serious than I had imagined.  The love of my life could die any second.  I wasn't prepared to lose her.  Not yet.  I had imagined us growing old together.  I couldn't just lose her in one day.  

Moriah was a huge part of my life.  She was my other half.  I cannot recall a memory without her in it.  A man came and put his hands on my shoulders.  

"Sir?  Are you okay?"

Another nurse came out with a wheelchair for me but I denied it, insisting I was fine, I just needed to know where Moriah had gone.  

The man continued to make conversation with me, obviously trying to keep me calm, "So?  Are you the boyfriend?  Brother?"

"I wish," I muttered staring at my feet as he lead me into the hospital.

Then man smiled knowingly and chuckled, "Ah, I see.  Best friend?  You want more but don't know if she does?"

I looked up at him in amazement, "How did you know that?"

He laughed again, "Good guess.  I was in the same shoes."

"What'd you do?"

He smiled, his eyes glistening, "I told her how I felt.  Now she's my wife.  We've been married for 48 years."

Tears pricked at my eyes, threatening to fall as I thought of how Moriah and I might not have that chance to grow old together, that she might not get to see her 18th birthday.  The man patted my back.

"You need to have faith, lad.  Love always prevails.  I promise, everything will be alright."

Moriah's POV

I woke up in a pure white room.  I quickly recognized it as a hospital room.  There were three chairs lined up against the wall with the window.  Occupying the chair closest to me was my mother.  In the middle one was a boy with his head in his hands, propping up his elbows with his knees, a woman was rubbing his back soothingly.  I then recognized them as Marcus and Ms. Kellon.

My heart surged seeing Marcus there for me.  He stayed here.  For me.  Me!  I tried sitting up to see them better, gave up on that after pain shocked my body.  I let out a grunt and six pairs of eyes flicked to me.

Marcus immediately shot out of his chair and knelt beside my bed, taking my hand in his, "You okay, love?"

I just shut my eyes tightly trying to block out the pain.  I opened them again to find my mother sitting on the edge of the bed, worrying etched on her face.

"I'll go get the doctor." Ms. Kellon offered, she stood up and waltzed out the door, returning with a doctor moments later.

"We're just going to get you some painkillers, okay Miss King?"

I grunted, managing to nod my head a little.  While the doctor ran around the room, feeding the painkillers into my blood stream, I took in my appearance.  My left leg was in a cast that started at my foot and ended near my mid thigh.  My left wrist was in a splint and my entire left arm was in a sling.  I noticed the sharp pain in my shoulder and guessed I must've broken my collar bone.  Purple bruises and deep pink gashes covered my skin.  I'm guessing my face didn't look much better.  It didn't feel that good either.

"Talk to me, Moriah.  Please," Marcus pleaded.

"Can't.  Hurts." was all I could manage.  

I shut my eyes once more and let the painkillers drift me off into a dreamless sleep.