chapter thirty five

pulling a sweater on, i huffed and went off to find my sandles, where ever i'd placed them. i sighed when i found them just under the table in the living room, i squatted down and grabbed them before flopping onto one of the fluffy sofas. i took my time to strap them so that they wouldnt flop around when i walked, i just couldnt understand why ma would wake me up so early, yeah, i concider waking up at 10 in the morning early, i mean you cant blame me, after everything thata happened to me, ive began thinking that sleeping is the best solution to hiding from my feelings, thinking doesnt help, i mean , all you do is sit there, and you think and think and in the end you end up with a migrane and for what reason? sleeping is easier.

"you ready?" Mas head pocked through the living room door , i looked up and nodded.

everyone is so sicked up because tomorrow is my birthday, im so surprised how quickly its arrived, sunday after church when gevone dropped me at his house, we parted ways, the whole of his and my family was there, with an addition of yinkas boyfriend and her friends. ma seemed worried but as soon as i came in, it was all good, i was so surprised that they werent worried, unlike yinka, she acted as though she was my mum, shouting asking questions and stuff like im fricking 3 years old.

standing up i subconciously dusted my jeans and walked to the door where ma was rumbling things to herself that i couldnt make out, i stood and watched my mother grumbling to herself, if she wasnt pretty, she'd look like a mad woman. i sighed and rolled my eyes, i stuck my hands in my jeans and pulled out my phone, God i missed it, i unlocked it,and went to my BBM, i was surpised that i even had any contacts, i opened Ty's chat...

aye' where you at these days? man heard its your birthday tomorrow?"

i sighed, of course he heard, since bree was publicising it everywhere, i swear, she should just be the birthday girl, because while shes fussing over what i'll wear blah blah, im just happy with a candle stuck in a cupcake.

"lets go baby" ma opened the door, and held it for me, its so not fair, yinka gets to sleep in and im being dragged around.

i walked out of the house closing the door behind me, i began typing on my phone back to Ty.

where have i been, you mean where have 'you' been? and yes, its my birthday tomorrow.

i sent it and placed the phone back into my pocket, i got into the other side of the car in the passanger seat, ma got in and threw her handbag in the back seat, smiling up at her i clicked my seat belt and looked up to my mother who was fudgeting again, i stiffled a giggle when she seemed to fnally find the car keys and got into the car.

"what are you laughing about?" ma smiled, i laughed again, so clueless isnt she

, i shrugged

"what?! did i do something, there something on my face?" she asked in horrow, then looked up at the mirror...

"NO! ma! can you focus on driving please?" i breathed a little shocked "its dangerous"

ma looked at me then back at the road, i could tell she was smirking.

"alright then...Mom" she said the last bit with an american accent. i rolled my eyes

"where are we going anyway" i asked looking ahead

"ooh wouldnt you like to know" ma grinned winking her eyebrows funilly...

"grow up alright, grow up lad" i joked with the accent.

"awriiyye, awwri'eyye, i'll try mi best"

i shook my head and turned my head out to the window,the wind blowing in my face as we passed the roads to the shopping centre, my face turned into a, a frown, why was ma bringing me here?. shrugging i waited untill ma found a good parking spot before un buckling my seat belt. i sighed and opened the door and got out of the room, my feet hitting the cincrete floor, i turned to shut the door and turn to look at Ma who was smiling intently. my face turned scaed and worried which made her giggle, she locked the car and pulled her bag to her closer. she usheered me to follow, i rolled my eyes, groaning that i have to drag my heavy weight . i went next to her, following her at every direction that she went in untill we found ourselves in Forever21. looking around, i thought, this shop is amazing. all the sudden, ma's phone started ringing, she grinned picking it up quickly, her face beamed asshe listened to who ever she was talking to, afer a few nods, she ended the call, i didnt understand how nodding was part of communicating, especially when on the phone to someonee. Ma grabbed my sleeve and dragged me to the changing rooms, this was getting wierd. i was pushed in one of the changing rooms by my own mother,i tried to move the curtains but someone walked in before i could.