I - III: 「A Close Call」

Start from the beginning

My bones internally pop and I gave off another sigh of relief. I kept my posture straight so that my back will get used to being straight once more.

But, I couldn't resist sitting on the chair that was right beside me.

After a short while, the mediwitch came back but she didn't bring anything with her to examine (Y/N) which I thought was sort of weird.

"Um, Miss--"

"Call me 'Madam Pomfrey'" She interrupted while placing her hand against (Y/N)'s forehead, indicating that (Y/N) might just have a fever.

"...Madam Pomfrey, is my brother/sister going to be alright?" I asked as the worry and concern that I kept inside me while I carried (Y/N) to the Infirmary started to show.

"Well, considering that they fainted, I suppose that they will be alright after they wake up. Faints are not usually serious because it's just your body forcing itself to shut down to be able to rest and function properly once more or to recover from a certain occurence that might've been too much for the body to take it." Madam Pomfrey removed her hand from (Y/N)'s forehead, taking it as a sign that they might not have fever after all. 

The mediwitch turns to look at me. "Do you know why they fainted?"

"Regrettably, I don't. But, I do know that their eyes turned red before they fainted." I explained and Madam Pomfrey's eyebrow rose in confusion.

"Their eyes turned red... You mean like they were being posessed by someone?"

"Oh, gee... I hope not but I guess because they suddenly lost their memories once we arrived at the train. It's like... they lost their entire identity and was being replaced by a new one..." My eyes widened at the realization as I turned my head to look at (Y/N). 

Doesn't this mean that they were really possessed by someone?

But, they weren't all that different when they got 'possessed' because they still act like what they would usually do; like what the real (Y/N) would do which means that they are still there somewhere. 

It's the memory loss that's making them different.

My eyes softened and I regained my composure, grasping (Y/N)'s warm hand. 

"No, they... just lost their memories."

"Obliviated?" Madam Pomfrey asked and I shook my head.

"It's impossible for them to be obliviated since they lost their memories in the middle of the train and we both haven't left our compartments since we boarded the train."

"But, it's impossible for them to lose their memories all of a sudden, right? Did something happen before you boarded the train?"

"No. They were all fine even before we boarded the train..."

After that, none of us spoke a word. We just kept staring at the unconscious (Y/N) with worry. Before things became awkward, Madam Pomfrey stood up and gave me a look of reassurance. 

"Either way, I'm sure that they will be fine once they wake up. You should head back to the Great Hall." Madam Pomfrey smiled and turned around to leave the two of us alone.

I pursed my lips and glanced over at (Y/N)'s face before looking back at Madam Pomfrey's retreating form. 

"Would it be troublesome if I stayed here? I... don't want to leave them alone..." I blushed slightly as I looked away in embarrassment and my words began to trail off.

Madam Pomfrey turned back to look at me. 

"No, but you might miss the feast and you might not know where your common room is." She warned but I shook my head with a smile.