"sounds complicated," he said, smirking slightly. i nodded, not knowing what else to say. before he could say anything else rose and calum were coming over to us, calum pouting with his arms crossed and rose laughing her ass off.

"i thought she was your type!" she was giggling, obviously more drunk than i thought. her and calum must've done some extra drinking after we left to dance.

"well you were very wrong," he mumbled, still crossing his arms and pouting.

"calum how exactly are we getting back tonight if you drove us?" i asked him, making his eyes go wide. then he calmed down, remembering ashton offering to pick us up.

"might be time to cash in that favor, mate," aiden said with a laugh. calum took his advice and called ashton, yelling over the music to come pick us up. we hung out in the kitchen until we got a text saying he was here.

"i guess i'll see you guys around, yeah?" aiden asked as we all got up, standing to walk us to the door.

"most definitely! thanks for being my dance partner," i giggled as we all walked out. he flashed me a smile as we began to leave, wrapping me in a hug and planting a gentle kiss on my head. just as we started to round the corner i heard him yell "good luck with, hemmings" which made my face go red and the giggles take over. we piled into ashton's minivan and this time i got to sit up front. i tried messing with the radio, but ashton quickly swatted my hands away. as we pulled up in front of the building calum started whining about the partying being over too soon.

"i think we should get ice cream or something, that's all i'm saying."

"calum, mate, it's 1 in the morning," ashton sighed, rubbing his face in annoyance.

"ashton, mate, maccas is open 24 hours a day," he mocked ashton's tone, making rose and i giggle. i felt a yawn take over, just now realizing i was tired.

"you guys go ahead and get food, bring me back some ice cream. i need to go talk to luke," i told them, putting everyone's attention on me.

"i'm sorry, what did you say?" calum asked, obviously mocking me.

"shut up," i mumbled. unbuckling my seat belt. ashton looked extremely confused, which made me blush a little.

"don't worry about it." i got out of the car as rose rolled down her window.

"good luck! we'll have ice cream waiting for you in case it doesn't go well!" well that sure makes me feel better about the situation. i rolled my eyes and waved them goodbye before heading inside the building. well, it was now or never.

when i unlocked the door to the flat i didn't see anyone anywhere. where did luke go? i closed the door quietly and took my shoes off and started towards his door when i heard some guitar. he started to play the same song from a few days ago, but stopped when he messed up. i went towards his door to get a better listen just as he started over.

"you call me up, it's like a broken record.." he's actually singing it. i stayed by the door eavesdropping, finally getting to hear the lyrics. now i'd know why they hate it.

"and when the phone call finally ends, you say thanks for being a friend.." wait. was this supposed to be about me? did he write a song about me calling him all the time about liam?

"he treats you so bad and i'm so good to you, it's not fair.." was i really a 'heartbreak girl' to him? i couldn't take it anymore as i pushed the door open, obviously surprising him.

"what do you think gives you the right to write a song about me like that?" i yelled, the alcohol giving me confidence. i had meant to come in here and confess some feelings for him, thinking he would turn me down, but he had been thinking this the whole time?