B1OOD - [STAY]

✝✝✝

     "Noctis!" Art shouts, immediately running to where Noctis was.

     Art gently lifts Noctis's head up so it could rest on his arms.

     "Shit. Noctis wake up. Wake up. Come on baby," Art says, gently trying to shake Noctis to see if he would respond.

     When Noctis wasn't showing any sign of consciousness, Art didn't hesitate and immediately lifted him up so he could carry him.

     Art barges out of the room and immediately shouts, "Help! The lord is unconscious!"

     Guards immediately rushed to where they were.

     Sir Clemens, who also heard of Art's desperate shouts, ran to where they were as well.

     "What happened?!" He immediately asked.

     Art looked like he was going to panic, but he remained calm as he answered, "I don't know, he just fainted."

     Sir Clemens quickly looks at the guards who were surrounding them and instructed, "Call for a doctor. Now!"

~~~

     "He'll be okay. For now he just needs to rest. When he wakes up, give him some blood so he could regain some energy." The vampire doctor stated as he stood up from Noctis's bed.

     Noctis was unconscious on the bed, sir Clemens and Art standing just beside it.

     "If anything happens, just call me." The doctor adds.

     "Thank you." Sir Clemens stated.

     The doctor takes his things, he was about to leave the room when Art suddenly grabs his arm and asks, "What exactly happened to him? Why did he suddenly faint?"

     The doctor was surprised, but he adjusts his glasses and answers Art's question, "Exhaustion, and of course, overthinking. There must have been something on his mind that he couldn't really express to anyone. Overthinking is as exhausting as running a marathon. So I suggest someone close to him should talk to him, ask what's on his mind. Maybe his fiancé."

     Art almost flinched when the doctor mentioned the word 'fiancé'. But Art tried his best not to react to it, instead, he nods his head and slowly lets go of the doctor's arm.

     "Then I'll be off." The doctor says, finally leaving the room.

     When the doctor was gone, Art takes a deep breath and walks to where Noctis was, "I should have known something was wrong with him. I'm with him most of the time, I should have seen the signs."

     "It's not your fault," sir Clemens says, looking down at Noctis as well, "This boy is stubborn. He will keep his problems to himself even if it kills him. Like what the doctor said, he was overthinking. He might have been thinking about the cult, the humans, the wedding..."

    Sir Clemens paused and looked at Art before continuing, "You..."

     "He's worried about me?" Art asks in surprise.

     "Don't act dumb Art. We both know he's more concerned about you than the wedding. If he wasn't the lord, he wouldn't have continued with the wedding at all." Sir Clemens explains.

     "But I'm not blaming him. I never said anything about the wedding that would make Noctis feel burdened," Art quickly defends.

     "Maybe, but that's not what Noctis thinks." Sir Clemens explains further. He then went down on his knees and touched Noctis's hand, "I've seen this boy grow, and he has never feared anything but one."