B1OOD - [DIRECT DESCENDANT]

✝✝✝

     "We're leaving immediately. There is no time to waste." Noctis tells sir Clemens while going down the grand staircase of the East Sanctum.

     They just arrived back a few minutes ago, but Art suddenly called him and told him about the situation.

     It was already morning, so when he got out, Pierce immediately went to him with an umbrella.

     "Were you able to contact your brother and the others?" Noctis asks him.

     "No my lord." Pierce quickly answers before opening the door of the car for Noctis.

    "Don't worry. Arthur called me and told me where Augustus and the others were. So we'll be heading there now to save them. If the attackers aren't vampires, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let them go, especially when its morning now." Noctis explains, and then he finally went inside the car with sir Clemens.

    Pierce immediately got in as well and drove away without wasting any more time.

    "How did they know Hail was with them?" sir Clemens asks.

    Noctis, who was sitting at the back, looks out of the tinted window and sighs heavily, "I don't know. They must have been surveying Harlan's mansion and saw Levi and Margaret take Hail out. Then they must have followed them and saw Art and the others leave."

     "This is fucked up. Who is that human kid anyway? Why do they want him so badly?" sir Clemens asks further.

     Noctis looks back at him and says, "The real question is, what did Harlan discover about him and why did he take care of him for all those years?"

     "And who the hell attacked them." Pierce suddenly adds, quickly making the two look at him as well.

     "That's right. We don't know who made the attack, but Arthur said they started shooting at them. Vampires don't usually use guns. They'd rather rely on their strength rather than weapons." Noctis explains, but sir Clemens shakes his head and adds, "Or they could be confusing us."

     "So it could be either humans, vampires, or night warriors. I wouldn't even be surprised anymore if they were all working together." Noctis says, making sir Clemens massage his chin, "That's not impossible."

     "Where are we heading exactly lord Noctis?" Pierce then asks.

     "Augustus said they were attacked just a few meters away from the South Sanctum. Let's just head back there and hope we still see them," Noctis instructed, and Pierce nodded his head in understanding before speeding his way back to save his brothers.

~~~

     "Genesis." Caspian revealed, and the smug face on Hail's face turned into a serious one.

     He was obviously surprised, but he did a good job to hide it from Caspian.

     The atmosphere was silent for a few seconds, but then Hail composes himself and laughs off what Caspian just revealed to him, "Genesis? The King of Peace and Harmony? Do I look like a king to you?" Hail asks as he tries his best to keep his composure.

     "No." Caspian quickly answers him.

     Hail was about to say something back, but Caspian quickly cuts him off and says, "But you look like a fabricated version of him, like an ice sculpture. A sculpture that uses its fragile nature to make others put their guards down, but the truth is, this sculpture is made of spikes who could hurt anyone who would dare touch it."