B1OOD - [BlOOD PALACE]

✝✝✝

     "The Blood Moon."

     Art stares at Noctis with an expressionless face.

     He didn't want to look conflicted because if he did, Noctis would be conflicted too. And that was the last thing Art wanted Noctis to feel.

     So Art immediately turns around and says instead, "The Blood Moon. So they're doing all this just to remind you about that? Don't they know that's the only fucking thing you're thinking about right now?"

     Noctis bites his lower lip and stares at Art's back, "I haven't chosen a bride yet. And I haven't conducted a Selection ever since the Night Warriors attacked the Sanctum either. It must have been a symbolism that vampires like those guards would die if I don't do anything about it."

     "Then its simple," Art says, slowly looking back at Noctis so he could continue, "Find a wife, get married, stop this nonsense and save your kind. We don't have any other choice. How many more vampires have to sacrifice their lives for you?"

     Noctis was dumbfounded on what he just heard from Art, but like what he always tells himself, he knew that Art was right.

     He stares at Art, like he was studying him. When Art didn't budge, Noctis takes a deep breath and held onto his neck where his supposed necklace should be, "In the grace of my father and the rest of the High Born..."

     He pauses and looks straight at Art's eyes, "I will announce the name of my wife tomorrow."

     Art wasn't even shock anymore. He's been preparing for this for the past month. He knew his love for Noctis was best hidden and forgotten afterwards.

     "I'll inform it to everyone at our meeting tonight," Noctis then adds.

     Art nods his head and says, "Then I'll be leaving you here. I'll tell everyone of our discovery and report to you what we'll find on the corpse that we brought here."

     "Alright," Noctis simply answers. Then Art bows and finally leaves the room.

     When Art's scent was entirely gone, Noctis slowly walks towards the jewelry box that Art once gave him in the past.

     He takes it and holds it close to his chest. He was inches away from crying, but instead, he throws the jewelry box on the ground from complete anger.

     It didn't break, but Noctis starts throwing everything that he saw, smashing and breaking everything that he was able to take a hold of.

     A dark aura appears around him, and his eyes were now completely red from complete rage.

     "AHH!" He shouts as he grabs a vase and throws it at a window, breaking it.

     The sunlight from outside immediately hits his face, causing his cheeks to start burning. But Noctis doesn't mind the pain. He falls on his knees and looks directly at the sun that could literally blind him.

     But when he couldn't take it anymore, he shouted at the very top of his lungs, tears pouring out of his eyes now.

     Then, dark cloud started covering the sun, finally blocking the sun from burning Noctis's face.

     The door to Noctis's room immediately opens.

     "Noctis, I heard a noise and-"

     Sir Clemens, who entered the room, saw Noctis kneeling on the floor, shocking him.