B1OOD - [KID]

✝✝✝

     "Good morning Lord Noctis!" Greeted dozens of guards as Noctis walks down the staircase of the main entrance of the East Sanctum.

     Sir Clemens - who was already waiting in front of the car that's parked in front of the building - immediately opens the door when Noctis arrives in front of him. He moves the umbrella closer towards Noctis, making sure his lord wouldn't get wet from the rain.

     Noctis goes inside the car first and sits on the back. Sir Clemens on the other hand closes the umbrella and sits on the passengers seat. When sir Clemens closes the door on his side, the driver starts driving off without anyone telling him to.

    "Who's this from?" Noctis asks the moment he sees the box that was covered with a gold gift wrapper. It even neatly placed beside his seat.

     When no one answered him, Noctis takes the box and unwraps it instead.

     "So did this just magically float its way inside the car?" Noctis sarcastically asks while unwrapping the box.

     "Well it's from the head of the West Sanctum. He said it was a present for your university's anniversary," Sir Clemens finally answers him.

     When Noctis heard who the sender actually was, Noctis couldn't help but laugh, no wonder no one wanted to answer him. But when he saw the item that was actually inside the box, his laughter disappears, "Wow, it's a bottle of blood," he says with a monotone voice. He takes the bottle out of the box and reads the label, "The best human blood that will ever touch your tongue."

     Noctis shoves the bottle back inside the box and pushes the box as far away from his side as possible.

     "He must be mocking me. He clearly knows I don't drink human blood," Noctis says, making Sir Clemens chuckle, "He was always a prankster."

     "Anyways, did you talk to the heads at the university?" Noctis asks, making sir Clemens nod his head as an answer, "Yes. All sorts of mirrors were covered, and they already instructed the students to not take a photo of you."

     "Good, I don't want the students to realize that I'm a vampire. As much as I hate humans, seventy percent of Marius University students are humans. I can't let them realize that the founder of the school is a vampire. Vampire students usually have night classes so human students don't get to see them much often, but it would be controversial if someone takes a photo of me and sees I'm not even in the photo," Noctis explains.

     "Well I'm glad you're concerned about your human students's well-being," sir Clemens says, making Noctis chuckle, "I'm more concerned about my university's well-being, not theirs."

     Sir Clemens smirks but doesn't say anything anymore.

     Noctis looks out of the window and stares at the humans walking at the sidewalk. He then saw a family of three happily walking while the kid jumps on the puddles.

     He takes a deep breath and remembers the time when his parents were still alive. His mother was sweet and caring, while his father was strong and feared. Noctis was twelve when his parents ordered sir Clemens to hide him. He was thirteen when his parents died. The Night Warriors slaughtered most of the True Blood Vampires, but the remainder of them - like his parents - joined forces and killed every Night Warriors even when it means they would die themselves.

     The True Bloods died to make sure that other vampires would live in peace, but it also means humans would now rule.

     "Thousands of our species died a hundred years ago while human population grew rapidly. To protect our kind, we burnt all the evidence and left the radar until we were completely erased. We were the rulers, but now look at us...hiding in the dark while weak mortals happily walked the lands we once ruled," Noctis suddenly says, making him and sir Clemens remember the vampire's golden age.