Chapter 27

Keath's P.O.V.

I heard the news about Ally, and no one knows why she did it...except for myself and Katie, who she had walked in on while I was cheating.
I know I did wrong. I know I fucked up this time, but if only she knew I was protecting her. Being with me is dangerous, now more than ever, everyone wants to hurt her there's not a single person at school that wouldn't love to tear her to pieces, and if I didn't cheat, or push her away. I know they would have done worse, so I let them...and what sucks more than anything...I hurt the one person that means the most to me.

Ally's P.O.V.

I woke up, slowly opening my eyes to the bright light, listening to that annoying beeping sound.
My heart is still beating, I didn't succeed, I started to cry.
I don't want to be here anymore, nothing I do is good enough, it wasn't good enough for Keath, my mom, dad...no one, but yet here I am. In a stupid hospital because now my parents decide that they actually give a fuck about me and what happens.
"Ally?" I heard my mom's voice ask, there wasn't even a hint of her caring, just complete disappointment.
"Yeah?" I answered.
"That was pathetic, you realize that don't you?" My mother asked.
"What's pathetic is you standing here pretending to care," I said carefree, I'm done trying for everyone, now its time to fight back, I can't keep doing this and getting nothing in return.
"Excuse me? I do care, just not about you. I care about our families reputation Alison, the reputation that you have been tarnishing since you learned to walk and talk." My mother hissed at me.
"So what do you plan to do now mother?" I glared at her.
"Your father is packing your stuff up. You're going to a mental institute." My mother smiled as I looked at her like she grew a second head.
"At least it's better than living with you too fuckheads who only care about your reputation over your own daughter!" I yelled at her.
"Don't take that tone with your mother Alison." My father said sternly, as he stepped in with a suitcase of my belongings.
"Like you're one to talk." I laughed. "You yell at her, and you beat her, oh right...you're the man so that's perfectly okay, maybe back in the 18th century, but last I checked...its the 20th century." I laughed.
"Oh so you do pay attention in school, too bad you're still failing." My father laughed. "You're the most mindless, senseless, selfish human being that your mother has given birth to."
"You say that like your perfect like you don't have flaws." I sneered at them both.
That's when my father slapped me across the face, and it made my head snap to the side from the force of the impact.
I fought against the tears that threatened to spill. "Just leave." I glared at him. "You didn't want to even be here, so why did either of you even come why did you choose only now to go check up on me when you haven't before?"
They didn't reply they both just left.
I sat in that hospital bed crying my eyes out once again, starting to get frustrated with myself, I angrily wiped the tears off my face.
"You're weak Ally, why do you even bother standing up for yourself? You know you'll only make it worse for yourself." My demons spoke up.
"Please...just stop, you were right about keath, and everything else, but please just stop talking." I pleaded.
"No, you wouldn't be in this mess if you would have just ended it while your parents were away on business, you wouldn't have been in this mess if you had made a bigger effort to stay away from Keath, but here we are. All because poor little Ally didn't want to be alone, and was so desperate for affection that you fell for the first guy who gave you even a little bit of attention." My demon hissed at me. "Your parents are right, you're pathetic."
I then began to just ignore my demons...they were right, but I don't need to hear this right now.
Calming down I hear the door to the hospital room open, looking up I was Keath, and at his side...Katie.
"Get out." I hissed at her.
"Stay," Keath said sweetly making Katie blush.
"Fine. Both of you, get out." I smiled sweetly.
"Stop being a bitch Ally." Keath rolled his eyes. "We're here out of concern...and to explain everything."
"I don't want to hear your lies, or see you anymore Keath, so just leave." I glared at him, and he looked taken back.
"Ally listens...I'm sorry that I-" Katie started but I interrupted.
"That you...what? Fucked my boyfriend behind my back when you thought that I willing had sex with your boyfriend Dylan less than a year ago? But really...he was actually raping me and when I tried to tell you, you caused me hell. Is this your way of getting back at me for something I didn't even do?!?" I yelled.
"Wait...you never told-" Keath began, but again...I interrupted.
"No, I didn't tell you, and thank God I didn't." I sneered at him in disgust.
"Ally...I love Keath...and he loves me." She smiled at me. "Just be happy for me."
"Be..happy? For you?" I laughed. "God no! How the fuck can you even ask me that! You're a fucking skank! You seduced my boyfriend, you bullied me in school, and because your popular everyone else did as well, all because you thought I willingly fucked your boyfriend and was giving you false information to start a fight between the two of you to break you guys up!" I yelled.
"Well if I would have known back then what I know now...things would have been different," Katie said sadly.
"Oh take the fucking masks off Katie! You're not an innocent person, and you never will be! Things will never be different between us, I'll still hate you 50 years from now just as much as I hate you now. And when you die...I'll makes you roll in your grave, you won't get a moment's peace even in the afterlife." I smiled.
Keath stared at me with this terrified look on his face.
"You want to know what my last thought was before I slit my wrists?" I asked acting sweet.
"What...?" He asked.
"My last thought was, 'I'll see you in hell Keath' and I meant it. Now get out." I said sternly.
They both silently walked out holding each other's hand tightly.
When the doctor came into the room he smiled at me, "the ambulance is here to take you to Riverhead mental ward." He said as he started to walk out and the paramedics came in to wheel me out of the room and into the ambulance.
Once in the ambulance I could feel my anxiety kicking in, and my body shaking uncontrollably, my breathing got faster and heavier, and it was getting harder and harder to breathe, I felt dizzy. I could hear people talking but couldn't understand what they were trying to say, and that's when I blacked out.

I came to a couple hours later with the paramedic shaking me.
"You can walk can't you?" He asked.
"Yeah, I didn't cut my legs off yet." I smiled trying to make the best of this situation.
"If your lucky, there will never be a yet, cause it won't happen." He smiled.
"I don't exactly know why I have to be here, do I look like a total nutcase?" I asked laughing.
"This place isn't for those who are mentally insane." He laughed. "It's Psychiatric ward, for mental disorders. You're here because you went too far." He explained.
"Not far enough in still here." I thought to myself.
"Well then...let's get this show on the road," I said as I stepped off the bed and out of the ambulance.
This place looked like a castle...I'm not even joking, it was that huge, however, there were bars on every window, and there were no towers, just in case the patients decide to jump out of their windows, or off the building.
"How many patients are there?" I asked.
"Over 300." He shrugged.
"How do you tell the patients apart? And what they are here for?" I asked.
"That I do not know, I only take you to the front door and then you're in the doctor's hands." He shrugged...again.
Rolling my eyes we walked up to the front door in complete silence.
He opened the front door, and I was met with a lot of doctors staring at me with clipboards in hand and a huge dining room behind them.
I heard the door close and a doctor grabbed my hand and introduced herself.
"Hello, I am Dr. Wilson. And I will be your doctor throughout your stay, these are my students, who are graduating from university soon, so don't worry about them." She said sweetly.
"Ally," I said with a small nervous smile.
"So here is your white wristband, this is for the patients who are suicidal and who have attempted." She said.
"How do I know what the others are?" I asked.
"Red is for the patients who have PTSD, green is for those who are a danger to others as well as themselves, white, is for the ones who have attempted suicide as you are well aware." She answered sweetly.
"Okay..." I trailed off as I was still checking out this area.
"Everyone will be coming for dinner soon, we usually have the whites eat first, then the red, and lastly the green." She explained.
"Sounds good." I replied softly.
"We will have someone from the white wrist bands show you around, he's been here longer than anyone else has." She smiled.
"Whys that?" I asked.
"He's my son, and he has a problem." She said simply and gave me a look that said don't ask any more questions.