Chapter 28

We waited for what felt like an hour but could've easily been five minutes for a boy with brown short hair that was spiked a little in the front, he had tattoos covering his arms, he was fairly muscular.
"Took you long enough." Dr. Wilson mumbled. "This is my son, Evan."
"Hi." I greeted him, not looking up to meet his gaze. I dont want to be here, I want to go home.
Well if you had succeeded at ending your own life, you wouldn't be here. My demons spoke.
"Who is this?" He asked, sounding rather board.
"This is Alison." Dr. Wilson answered.
"And let me guess, I'm the babysitter/tour guide?" Evan asked with a sigh.
"Is that a problem?" Dr. Wilson shot back.
"Whatever. Hey you, let's go." Evan addressed me, as he turned to walk away from me and his mother.
"Go on dear, he's not all bad." Dr. Wilson said giving me a small smile.
Nodding my head I followed after Evan, he was tall so I practically had to run alongside him.
"This the cafeteria, we eat according to wristband color. Its also lunch time for us now so, you go get something to eat and I'll catch up with you when you're done." Evan said, and turned to leave.
I went to where the food was being served and grabbed a bottle of water.
"Turns out I can't leave, my mother is watching me like a hawk." Evans voice came from behind me, making me jump.
Nodding my head I went to take a seat.
"Thats all you're having?" Evan asked, I still haven't met his gaze, his voice is cold enough, i don't need to see the heartless eyes that come with it.
"Yeah." I answered softly.
I took a seat in the back corner of the cafeteria away from everyone else that was sat at the tables eating their food, they were talking and some were laughing.
This reminds me too much of school, just without the mental health part.
A tray of food was pushed towards me, looking up slowly I could see that Evan had grabbed both of us food.
"Eat." Evan demanded coldly.
"I'm not hungry." I whispered.
"Look, if you don't eat or even pretend you're okay, you won't be getting out of here anytime soon." Evan explained.
All I could do was sit and look at what was on the plate, he grabbed me apple slices, a burger, pickles, and some vegetables.
"Thanks." I said, as I picked up an apple slice and started nibbling on it.
"You don't wanna be here anymore than anyone else does, as free as this place may seem. You can't be yourself here and you're always watched, so you wanna get out? Fake it 'til you make it." Evan advised as he took an apple slice off his own plate and started eating it.
I nodded my head in agreement, although I dont know why I'd want to leave this place anyway, I mean my parents don't give a shit about me, I have nothing outside these walls.
"So what are you in for?" He asked randomly.
Shocked by his question I looked up, finally meeting his gaze, he had beautiful hazel eyes, his gaze was intense and I found myself trapped.
"Well?" He asked again, smirking at me.
"Suicide attempt." I answered quietly dropping my gaze to the food in front of me.
"So pretty much like everyone else in this room." Evan said like it was nothing.
"What are you in here for?" I asked.
"I dont exactly have a reason, im not sick. Just my mother wants to keep me from going out there and getting back to what I do best." Evan said, humor thick in his voice.
"What do you mean? This is a mental institute." I said, getting really confused.
"I'm a trouble maker, and my mother being a head doctor here, faked my report and said I was suicidal and have reckless behavior, all in an attempt to keep me from going to jail one day." Evan explained chuckling at his mothers actions.
"At least she cares for you and your future." I said, thinking about how my mother is, she threw me in here cause she was embarrassed to have a daughter like me, my father threw me in here because he didn't want me in the first place and this was finally his chance to get rid of me and never see me again.
"She cares too much." Evan stated.
Sighing I continued eating the apple slices.
"Anyone gonna come visit you?" Evan asked trying to make small talk.
"Nope." I answered.
"Really? Not even your parents?" He asked.
"Dont have any." I lied.
"No boyfriend?" He pushed.
"No one." I said plainly.