Chapter 34

After awhile Dr. Wilson gave up on trying to get Evan and I to join the rest. We sat and talked quietly away from the rest of the group, and before we knew it group was over we were able to leave the little room we have been stuck in for three hours.
We didn't really talk about anything of importance, found out his favourite color is green, he loves burgers, he's very stubborn, that's all Evan and I really talked about.
Just as I was walking out the door with Evan right behind me Dr. Wilson asked to speak with me.
"Mom can you give it a rest on the power trip?" Evan spoke up and rolled his eyes at his mother.
"Its not a power trip, I need to speak to Alison. Alone." Dr. Wilson snapped at Evan.
"You gonna be okay?" Evan asked quietly, I gave a him small smile and nodded. "Alright I'll be right outside the door."
I don't know why but it warmed my heart a little bit to know that he was gonna wait and make sure I was okay.
"You said there was nothing going on between you and my son." Dr. Wilson hissed quietly once Evan was out of the room with the door shut.
"There isn't anything going on between Evan and I Dr. Wilson, more or less we are acquaintances." I explained just like I had earlier.
"You're spending a lot of time with my son and it's only your first day." Dr. Wilson stated, she hasn't put that accusing tone in her voice this time.
"That is your fault, you asked him to show me around and get me familiar with how things work around here." I pointed out.
"Usually he just ditches the person anyway, regardless of what I say. So I ask you again, is there anything going on between you and my son?" Dr. Wilson continued to push.
"No, he is just an acquaintance." I answered again.
"Alright, you're free to go." Dr. Wilson sighed obviously giving up.
Turning my back to her I left the room, only to see Evan still standing there, his face was red.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"So she thinks there is something going on between the two of us now?" He asked, holding back a laugh.
"You were not supposed to be eavesdropping!" I whispered yelled at him through my own set of laughter.
"I was curious, she never asks anyone else to stay behind." Evan laughed.
"You've also apparently never actually showed anyone around either." I pointed out.
Evan put his finger to his chin as of in thought and said, "Fair play, but that doesn't mean anything is going on, I mean you're kind, and you're drop dead gorgeous, but no." He said as he began to laugh again.
Meanwhile I'm just blushing at his compliment with nothing else to say, I was speechless to say the least.
"Alright let's get to dinner before everyone takes the good food." Evan suggested, holding his hand out for me to take.
"This might be another reason why she thinks something is going on." I said eyeing his hand.
"Who cares what she thinks there isn't anything going on." Evan stated matter of fact causing me to smile before nervously taking his hand.
It was warm and rough, you could feel the calluses that lined his hands.
"Let's go get dinner." I confirmed smiling up at Evan.
Evan started leading the way, without hesitation I followed him through the hallways in silence, when finally we arrived at the cafeteria everyone was already eating and conversating with their friends.
This feels just like being at school, you can hear the chattering of everyone but can't make out what everyone's saying, you can enter the cafeteria but no one looks up or notices.
I was pulled out of my thoughts by the light squeeze I felt on my hand, looking down I saw Evans hand I followed his hand up his arm taking note of the muscle he had, the defined shoulder, the collar bone that was visible up his lightly stumbled neck and cheek, to his blue eyes.
Smiling up at him, I led the way towards a table far from everyone else, their loud voices would make it hard to listen to anything.
"I'll go get us food if you want to just wait here." Evan said as he let go of my hand.
"Alright I'll wait here for you to return." I responded, I watched as he walked to get the food, I ignored all the looks I was starting to recieve from the other patients and the daggers that were being shot at me from behind, my only guess was that it is Dr. Wilson glaring at me.