"Please Ehren." I moaned softly.

His mouth came up to claim mine as he tugged my underwear gently down my hips and legs to drop with the remainder of our clothes before removing his own. I caught myself inhaling shortly as he erection sprang forth, large and proud. He settled back between my thighs, hovering in front of my entrance as he placed a tender kiss on my lips once more.

"Are you sure you're ready Ana?" He asked hoarsely against my mouth.

He pulled back slightly, searching my eyes but my hand reached up to grab the back of his neck, pulling him back down to me as I shifted my body, grinding against him. A low growl rumbled deep in the back of his throat as he tensed. His dark orbs bored into mine as I nodded quickly.

He leaned back slightly, watching me as he slowly eased himself into me, inch by inch until he was fully inside of me. I let out a short breath as I tensed, but only for a moment as his mouth met mine again in a deep kiss.

"Are you ok?" He whispered.

His body was tense as he let out a staggered breath in restraint. I kissed him back, filling it with passion as my legs wrapped tighter around his hips, pulling him further into me as I tilted my hips further back.

He didn't need any more coaxing. He pulled his hips back until he was nearly out of me before thrusting back in. He wasn't harsh, but he pushed his length back into me hard enough that I felt it. I gasped against him as he pulled in and out of me, picking up a rhythm as my back arched against him, welcoming the moment. My hands raked up his back, scratching against his skin as I moaned lowly.

He kissed my now swollen lips as he increased his speed, a satisfied growl rumbling within his chest and sending shivers down my spine. He released my mouth as his own trailed kisses down my jaw and to my neck, nibbling at my skin gently as the pleasure began to build more and more. As he came to the crook of my neck, opposite the side that was now scarred and ruined, I felt his fangs dropping as they raked against my skin just hard enough without drawing blood and I froze.

He instantly stilled, jerking his face back to look down at me as his dark eyes swirled a little more indigo. "Fuck Ana. I'm sorry. I got carried away. I should've controlled it."

My heart was beating hard against my chest as I realized it wasn't fear that stopped me. It was simply memory, from a horrible man that did nothing but harm me. This man staring back at me in this moment would never do anything so awful. He'd never hurt me. I was safe here. He seemed focused on slowing his breath as my hands gripped the back of his neck, pulling his head down until it rested against mine.

"It's ok Ehren. I just got in my head. I'm ok." His eyes opened to look back at me as guilt began to creep into his features. "It's ok. I know my blood forces you to go there. I know you'd never hurt me."

He exhaled as he pulled his face back enough to see mine fully as his hand reached up to brush against my cheek. "It wasn't the scent of your blood that made me want to do that Ana." I looked back at him in confusion before he continued. "It was the closeness. The connection to you. It was my desire to mark you that made me want to bite you."

I felt tears begin to fill my eyes but I blinked them back. "Oh Ehren..." I instantly gripped my hand into his hair and pulled him down into a deep kiss, pushing every ounce of understanding and emotion into it.

He began to slowly move again, this time deeper than before as he thrust in smooth movements. My hips moved in unison with his as his hand gripped into them, his breath once again becoming ragged with pleasure. I could feel the wave of pleasure rising inside of me as our tongues tangled with the other, the kiss becoming sloppy as we both moaned into it.

"Ehren..." I breathed against him as he thrust into me.

He gripped my hip and moved in and out of me a few more times and I was there. I felt my climax begin to crash over me and I moaned out, my fingernails digging into his skin. My head fell to the side in reflex and he quickly kissed down my neck until he landed in the spot that had made me freeze only moments ago.

"It's ok. I'm ok Ehren." I breathed as the pleasure pulsed through my body.

"Are you sure Ana?" He asked tightly, nearly growling in restraint.

My hand moved to grip the back of his neck once again, pushing against his skin as I breathed.

"Yes. It'll keep you safe during the battle." My voice was a whisper, but he heard all he needed to hear.

In an instant, I felt his fangs prick into my skin and a stinging sensation caused me to gasp before the feeling of pleasure overtook everything and I melted beneath him. He drank several drags from me, and as he took me in it sent a shock through my body. I could feel the connection to him now, as he took my life force inside of him. I could feel the protection it gave him from inside.

I felt his own pleasure climax, causing him to growl against my skin as his body shuddered against mine. He pulsed inside of me, letting us remain connected as he gently pulled his fangs away from my skin. I winced slightly before his tongue glided across the wound.

As he leaned up onto one of his elbows, his hand cupped my cheek and I instinctively leaned into it as I looked up at him. His eyes were already returning to their normal electric blue as they pierced down into mine intensely.

"I tried to be as gentle as I could." He said quietly, his erratic breathing beginning to return to normal.

I gave him a soft smile as I nodded, brushing my fingers through his dark hair. "I'm ok. I promise Ehren."

He placed a tender kiss on my forehead as he breathed against my skin. "I love you so much Ana. I can't let you go yet." His voice was hoarse and low as he spoke against my skin and I felt tears begin to fill my eyes once more.

"I love you too." I forced out, pushing back the tears.

He looked down at me now with a look of concern as he brushed my hair from my face, the pad of his thumb stroking the tears from my cheeks. "Talk to me. What's wrong?" He asked soothingly.

"I just...I didn't think I'd ever have this again. Not after..." I couldn't say his name. Not now. Not in this moment of joy and bliss.

Ehren knew, shushing me as he pressed a tender kiss to my lips as his hand cupped my face. "You'll have this as long as I'm able to give it to you. Do you understand? I won't leave you."

I nodded as we separated, Ehren pulling he cover up over us as his arm wrapped around my waist protectively. I let myself wedge back against him as my back pressed against his check. He placed a kiss on the place he'd bitten me, breathing me in before lying down behind me.

I knew now why I'd been able to give in to him when with Zane it had been so difficult. Time had healed much, but part of me still resented Zane for letting me go. My mind still linked him with the pain I'd gone through. And I wasn't sure if that would ever change. But in a matter of days, it wouldn't matter anymore.

In this moment, I let myself feel the joy. I let myself hold on to it. Revel in it. Because this would be the last time I'd ever have it.

*The moment you've all been waiting for (or dreading depending on which couple you're shipping 😬) has finally happened! You're welcome my lovely readers and I hope you enjoyed! I can't wait to hear what you all think and I'd love to hear who YOU think Ana is meant to be with!