Heart Strings FINAL CHAPTER - Epilogue

*A/N*  

Last chapter...  

~LoveLaughTears

EPILOGUE

Sephy --

I guess I messed up. I guess I ruined us. I’ve broken our Heart Strings and I don’t think I can reattach them again. You left to your dad’s house on the Friday of the next week –my birthday. And I wish I could have been there to see you off, not that you’d have wanted me there. I cancelled my party anyway. I cancelled my friends. But Nick’s coming after me; I can feel it. He’s been watching me; I’ve seen it. He’s standing in parks, he’s sitting in cars. He’s waiting until I’m alone. And now that you’re gone, I am. I can feel it. Now that you’re gone, he’s coming after me.

I’m sorry I ruined everything, I’m sorry you hate me. The song we sang? The chords don’t match. No matter how I wish we could play in harmony, I’ll understand you’ll probably always hate me. But maybe when you come back from your dad’s… Maybe something will happen…

Maybe.

We’ll see.

Nathan --

'It's Juuuuuulieeeeeeeeeet!!' I picked up my phone hurriedly as heads turned my way in the silent train.

‘Hello?’

‘Nate! It’s Juliet!’

‘Yeah, I got that,’ I muttered drily. ‘I’m on the train now.’ I was trying to sound enthusiastic but I couldn’t work up enough energy to do so. I couldn’t believe mum had forced me to go even though she was visibly getting worse every day. Her coughing was horrendous now.

‘Oh my gosh! Yay! I can’t believe I’m finally going to see you! It’s been an age! I’ll meet you at the station with some friends.’

This point intensified the emptiness I felt when Sephy hadn’t been there to see me off. I knew she wouldn’t. She probably hated me, but Sammie and Tabby had been there along with the guys and a few girls who’d desperately wanted to see me again. I couldn’t help my sixth sense from whispering that she’d be there. There’d be some kind of movie get together, complete with tears and romantic ‘aww’s from all the people watching. Of course, I forgot that life wasn’t a movie. Life wasn’t fair.

‘Jewels, no friends. Please.’ My hand ran through my already dishevelled black hair.

‘Come on Nathan, you need to pick yourself back up. I’m sorry it didn’t work out with that Persephone girl, but she was clearly an idiot. I’ve never seen you this hung up on a girl before.’ That was because I hadn’t been that hung up on a girl before. And Sephy was not the idiot. I was. I would hurt her. She’d made the right choice in not picking me. I hoped she’d be happy. I hoped Nick would finally leave her alone. I hoped-

‘And you can finally meet Ethan too!’

I hoped Sephy’d be happy.

‘Nathan?’

‘Yeah, Jewels, I can’t wait.’

‘Huh. You don’t sound very excited.’

‘I am.’ My voice was still as monotonous as before.

‘Nathaniel!’ Jewel whined. I said nothing; I could feel a headache gathering. ‘How long are you staying anyway?’

‘You know what, jewel, I am considering moving over. I really am.’ And I really was. If it wasn’t for mum and the guys, I’d have done so already. My life had been so dull and repetitive, and full of girl’s I didn’t want to do anymore than… Well…do, so, was it really cowardly to want to leave because my first “love” went wrong? I guess it was. But I didn’t care. I just wanted to escape. To run as fast as I could as far as I could and never have to turn back. Love hurts more than it doesn’t.

Suddenly the first song I’d ever written popped into my head. It was about looking for the girl I knew I would never find back when I believed in romance and fairy tales. When I believed that love could find a way. When mum and dad were still together. It was a song about a girl who knew the song to my heart just like that, who knew the chords, and knew the lyrics, who sang in perfect harmony with me. A song called Heart Strings

The End of Heart Strings Version One, Book One.  

1st chapter written - when I was 10 years old. (Giggle... How time flies..)  

Continued in late 2008/early 2009.  

Finished 9th October 2010 (11.27pm) hours before my 15th birthday.  ^.^

By N.I.N.N

So, that's it. The End of Heart Strings V1 B1. What do you think? Love? Like? Neutral? Hate? Was the ending not how you hoped it'd be? Let me know what you think and any improvement so I can do them in HS V2. Also, I should be able to upload more often on HS V2 because I can concentrate on it now! I hope... Tehe. (:  

Also guys, thanks to Amazingness, I had an idea to do a story called Hearts and Minds (HAM! LOL, Ly Lily C!) so if you ever want to see an event in one of the Heart Strings characters POVs, or know what they think of something, let me know and I shall put it up! Other than that, well, I think that's it. The end of the world as we know it! (Seriously.... NA! Jk! GOTCHA!!!)  

Now, question: WHO LIKES CHEESE!?  

I don't!  

:') Thank you one and all for accompanying me on this magical journey all the way to the end! Heart Strings is FINISHED-- *gasp*  

:')  

Good times..... LOVE YOU ALL-- Please vote, please comment --  

~LoveLaughTears