Chapter 30: Him

Chapter 30: Him

It was 9 at night and my wife still was not home where she should be. I called her cellphone numerous time but she didn't answer. Around 9 my calls were going straight to voice mail, which meant her phone died or she turned it off. I was becoming very worried. Dr. Willis was died but someone else could want Shay died. I picked up the phone to call an associate who worked for the police department. When I picked up the phone Logan was on the other end.

“Logan let me hit you back I was just about to call someone. Shay's not home and I'm worried,” I said quickly.

“I just saw Shay,” Logan holler before I could hang up.

“Where is she,” I asked.

“I don't know. She just left 5 minutes ago,” Logan informed me.

“Was she looking for me,” I asked.

I couldn't wrap my head around why Shay was at the office. I was still trying to figure out where the hell she was the whole day.

“Chris she knows,” Logan said lowly.

I didn't need for Logan to explain himself, I already knew what he meant. All I could do was curse under my breath. I figured Shay would find out at some point what happened but I did not think it would be this soon. We were just starting to get back on our feet again and now this could really destroy our marriage and Shay.

“What happened,” I asked as I took a seat.

“Marie is here too,” Logan added.

“Shay stopped past my house first and she was pissed,” I heard Marie say in the background.

“How did she find out,” Logan questioned. I think he was talking to Marie and not me.

“I have no clue,” Marie answered.

“Even if Dr. Valentin told her she wouldn't know you two were involved.” I informed them.

“As anyone told anyone else?” Logan questioned.

That's when I remembered I told Dr. Willis but she's died so my secret should be safe where she is concerned. Dead people don't talk.

“I told Dr. Willis but she's died. What about Tonya?” I added.

Tonya promised she wouldn't tell a soul but could we really trust her. She has never told the truth so why should I believe her now.

“You told Rena Willis,” Marie questioned.

“yes but that does not matter...”

“Rena Willis had journals detailing every conversation she ever had with you,” Marie cut in. “Shay told me she was going to read those journals as soon as the FBI got a hold of them.” Marie explained.

“I have to find Shay.”

I was going to hang up again but Logan added, “Something is wrong with Shay”

“What do you mean” I asked.

“She nearly past out at my place....”

“When she was in the office she collapsed,” Logan finished for Marie. “Marie and I will look for her too but if you find her get her to a hospital.” Logan ordered.

“Call Nicole first,” Marie added.