Chapter 11: Him

Chapter 11: Him

“She didn’t say yes or no.” Logan raised his eyebrows at me. “She said maybe that’s got to count for something.”

I was informing Logan on the situation that happened by the fire last night. Logan went for a run this morning and decided to stop by this place I use to call home. Something told me he stopped by to say more than just hi.

“I told her about the session at five and she agreed to attend.”

Logan shrugged his shoulders like he always does before he’s about give me his opinion, which would likely be opposite of mines. “I think maybe y’all should call it quits.” I stared him down. “I love Shanay and all. She is my friend too but sometimes you have to know when to give up,” he informed me.

I know sometimes you should give up and I’m ready to sign divorce papers. I already signed the separation papers but if there is any sign we can make it I’m not giving up. She has yet to send in the papers so maybe we can work through our differences.

“What if I give up and we could have worked through whatever our issue is,” I questioned.

I wish I knew what our issues were. One day we were happy and the next Shay would barely speak to me. Next thing I know is I’m sleeping in the guest room alone. It’s not like we had a fight or a disagreement.

“I’m on the outside looking in. You two couldn’t keep your hands off each other and you told her everything. Now….”

He didn’t even have to finish his statement because I already knew. Now my wife and I don’t even kiss each other. Now we can barely stay in the same room with each other. Now I’m thinking about other women when Shanay use to be the only woman I thought about. Now my wife can barely say more than five words to me. Maybe he was right. What the hell are we doing?

“I just have to make sure before I throw away my marriage,” I informed him.

“Like I did,” Logan added.

“That is completely different your wife cheated on you.” Logan raised his eyebrows. I didn’t need him to tell me what he was thinking because I already knew. “I never cheated on my wife.”

“If that’s what you tell yourself.”

“I never cheat on my wife and your wife cheated on you with more people than either of use cares to count and gave you an STD,” I informed him.

If Shanay did all that, I would be done with her.

“Thanks for the reminder.” I shrugged my shoulders. He knew where I was going with it. Tonya did not deserve him at all. “Maybe we could have worked it out.” My eyebrows went sky high when he mentioned that.

What the hell was he talking about work it out? She cheated on him through their whole marriage and used my wife to cover it up. She’s partly to blame for what happened to our daughter.

“What the hell is going on?”

Something was bothering him and I could tell.

“Tonya pregnant.”

Before I even respond to him I thought about the time frame. I just saw Tonya the other day and she still had her small frame so she couldn’t be that pregnant, which meant Logan had to recently have sex with her. They’ve been separated for a few months and divorced for at least two month.

“Correct me if I’m wrong.” He crossed his arms as I took a seat on one of the bar stools. I felt like I had to sit for this one. “You two have been divorce for over a month or so now.”Logan just nodded. “Please tell me you didn’t have sex with her recently.”