chapter 24: Her

Chapter 24: Her

I'm a partial owner of a night club that just had it's grand opening. You would think I would be happy but I’m just confused, upset, and angry. I fight broke out between my friends and money was lost for the free drinks. To top it off Logan pretty much confirmed what I already knew. Now the question is should I confront my husband or let it go. A part of me couldn't and wouldn't let it go. I really wanted to know who the bitch was. Another part of me wanted to believe none of it was true. Chris would never do that to me. I was confused and I didn't know what to do. Then there's Logan. I was out of line for what I said to him but he really did have it coming. We've been friends for years but from last night you would think we've only known each other for a couple of months. That's not where I want my friendship but Logan crossed the line. I don't care if he was drinking. How dare he bring up a soft subject for me. And Vincent....he acts like a child. And Vincent is out of his mind. I care about Vincent but he does stupid shit. Him and Tonya getting together is a big mistake. Tonya doesn't know who the hell she is. How the hell can she love someone else when she can't love herself. Vincent is still a boy trying to be a man. That relationship will never work. Who the hell is Tonya's baby father? I can't even think about that subject to much because I get headaches just thinking about it.

The only good thing that came out of that night was a beautiful baby girl named Hannah. Mary delivered her daughter three months early but Hannah was ready to see the world. She's doing fine. Doctors will keep Hannah in the hospital for a couple of week but she's perfectly healthy.

That whole ordeal was two days ago and I have yet to talk to my husband. In fact, Christ as mad his way back to the guest room. He still wants me to move to New York but I’m scared to leave Maryland. I’ve spent my whole life here. What about our house. My family is here in Maryland and I built a career here. All I’ve known is Maryland and it’s scary to leave. Plus I wasn't sure if I could trust Chris, not after last night. I had not idea what to do so I called Nicole.

“Hey sis,” Nicole answered.

“Girl I’m having some difficulties,” I explained.

“I’m listing. Do I have to come back?” She asked.

Nicole was just in town for the grand opening of Queen Bee. She drove back to New York just yesterday.

“I don’t know why I can’t let go of Maryland,” I informed her.

I had already told her about Chris leaving for New York mid-January. She’s excited because I would be closer and she wants to open a Queen Bee in New York but after the incident we had two days ago I'm not so sure we are cut out for this type of business. The only success we had was the band.

“Is it because that’s where your kids are buried,” she asked.

“I don’t know maybe,” I informed her.

“You need a change. I want you to come here. I need some family close by. If you don’t like it you could always leave.”

She was right maybe with a change Chris and I could get back to normal.

“I think Chris cheated on me,” I blurted out.

“You need to confront him on it.” Nicole ordered.

“I will.”

“When are you guys doing your last session with the freaky therapist lady?” Nicole asked.

“This evening but first I’m going to stop by my husband’s office so we can talk.”

Nicole and I said our good bye’s and I headed to Chris’s office. It had been a long time since I came to Chris’s office. Last time I was in Chris' offices I found a half naked girl on his lap. I believe her name was Lisa. Lisa was out to steal my husband.

Before I could open the door to Chris’s office I could hear voices. Two voices, Chris and a women’s. I pressed my ear against the door to hear better.

“What do you think your wife would say if I told her I was pregnant,” The female voice said.

I was sure I had heard that voice before but I couldn’t place it.

“We have already discussed this. That is not my baby so go ahead,” Chris informed her.

“Let’s see what your wife thinks,” the girl pushed.

“Lisa get out of my office,” Chris ordered.

Lisa that was the heifer who tried to still my husband.

“Maybe I should take a visit to your house and tell your wife about those hotel visits and those Gucci purses.”

I was not happy at what I was hearing. Hotel visit’s? I asked Chris if he was having an affair and he denied it. It's not like I believed him but a part of me wanted to. He was having an affair with Lisa at that. I was furious with him but I continued to listen.

“Those were mistakes. We are done Lisa,” Chris hollered.

I had, had enough. I couldn’t listen to my husband confess his dirty deeds anymore. I wanted to storm in his office and raise some hell but instead I just left. I had to think about the whole situation. I wasn’t going to let him get away with it though. I had to come up with a plan and Nicole was good with plotting so I called her as soon as I got home. I was on the phone with her while I was looking over Chris’s accounts on his computer. I had to go back far but I found two charges to his card from the Marriott. I was telling Nicole everything.

Right away Nicole had a plan but she also told me I needed to get the whole truth from Chris. Evidently, you can hear things wrong. I was convinced that I heard it all right. My husband had an affair on me with Lisa and I had the bank statement to prove it. I wasn’t the only one who was going to be hurting because I had something to tell him and I was convinced he wasn’t going to be too happy about it. Actually he was going to be pissed.