chapter 22: Him

Chapter 22: HIM

I was finally getting intimate with my wife and someone had to ruin it. When I turned around to find my older brother coming in the door I was ready to kill him. He looked around and noticed our clothes on the floor and me half naked.

He had the nerve to ask, “Did I just interrupt something.”

“Yes,” I hollered. “What the hell are you doing here Vincent?”

He was making me regret giving him a key to my house. Vincent lived 30 minutes away and I was finding it hard to comprehend why the hell he was in my house. I was pissed.

“I need a place to crash at.”

That’s when I notice his suit case.

Last time I check Vincent lived with his wife and two kids. He didn’t have an overnight bag with him. He had a large suit case like he was planning to stay for a month.

I did not feel like looking for my shirt so I just zipped my pants and gestured for him to follow me to my office, which was adjacent t to the dining room. He shut and locked the front door then trailed behind me. I sat on top of my desk and he took a seat in a chair.

“What’s going on Vincent.”

“It kills me to come to my younger brother for help but man I don’t have anywhere else to go.” He lowered his head. “Keke is leaving me.”

Keke is his wife. They got married when Vince was 20 and she was 18 because Keke was pregnant with their first son. I knew that was a bad idea but Vince was convinced it was the right thing to do. If Keke was kicking him out he really didn’t have anywhere to go. Our younger brother Kevin leaved in Philly. We never had parents seems how all three of us were orphans. Kevin and I bounced from foster home to foster home together. We didn’t even know about Vincent until I was 14 and Kevin was 13 at the time. Vincent was 19 years old and he’d been searching for us for years. Kevin and I had each other and Vincent had nobody so he go into trouble a lot. Vincent was always in trouble with the law; he did and sold drugs when he was young. Kevin and I went to college while Vincent dropped out of high school and got his GED two year later. Kevin is a general surgeon and I’m a lawyer while Vincent takes out people’s trash. I’m not trying to compare but Vincent had it rough until he found us.

“Man whats up?”

“I don’t love Keke.” I wasn’t surprised by his words. “I never really did. It was just the right thing to do by getting married. That is not an excuse for my behavior but I found someone else. I’ve been seeing her for a while and Keke found out. I really do care about this other girl but…..” he trailed off.

“What,” I pushed.

“It’s Logan’s wife.”

I was speechless. I just stared at him for a while. How was I to react to that? My brother is screwing Logan’s ex wife. This could not be good. He just made my friendship with Logan more complicated than it already is.

“Please say something,”

That’s when all the anger came out, “You too old to be doing stupid ass shit like this. You better go get yourself tested too because that girl has been sleeping with a lot of other men and she gave her ex husband an STD.”

“I already know about all the men she’s been sleep with. I’ve already gotten test and I’m clean. What do you mean ex husband?” he asked.

“How long you been seeing her?” I asked.

“About six months,” he informed me.

“She told you about all that other stuff but she didn’t tell you her and Logan are divorce and have been for like four months?” I asked.