Chapter 26: Her

Chapter 26: HER

So my plan didn’t go how I expected it to. And Logan got hit in the face for my little white lie. He had a busted lip too. I did not know my husband would go straight to Logan’s place. I guess I should have anticipated that when Chris stormed out the office.

Maybe lying wasn’t the best thing to do. I don’t think rationally when I’m hurt or upset. Chris should know this by now.

“Next time you want to lie leave my name out of it,” Logan ordered.

I felt extremely bad. Logan keeps getting caught in the cross fire. I really do need to leave him out of Chris and I’s shit. However, he did deserve that punch for what he said to me at the bar.

“Well next time you shouldn't get drunk and say hurtful thing,” I informed him.

“I am deeply sorry for that, I never should have said those things. I was just angry and sometime I don't know how to handle the angry,” Logan explained.

I understood where he was coming from because I never know how to handle my anger.

“I’m so sorry. I probably should not have listened to my sister,” I pleaded. “I thought I would get here before him. But I apologize.”

“Your husband was very angry,” Alexis added as she handed Logan an ice pack.

Alexis was around a lot more these day. I don’t dislike her but I think they are moving fast. Clearly, Logan was not over Tonya by the way he acted the other night.

“I don’t think I really thought my lie through,” I informed her.

“Obviously,” Logan said.

“You knew about Lisa didn’t you,” I pushed.

“Just like you knew about my wife’s lovers,” Logan pushed back.

He had a good point and I wasn’t even mad at him. This guy has put up with a lot of my shit.

“Okay were even,” I said. “I’m outta here.”

I waved bye and left. I had to go talk to my husband even though he didn’t deserve my pity. I shouldn’t have lied or maybe I just should not have used Logan’s name. It was Nicole who said I should make it sting. According to her the only way to do that was fake like I slept with one of his friends. According to the master of deception, that being Nicole, men don’t like when their friends have been with their girls. However, Chris only has one freaking friend…Logan.

I called Nicole on my way home to inform her about her bad plan.

“Three calls in one day. It must be my lucky day,” Nicole joked as she answered the phone.

I ignored Nicole’s comment and informed her about how horribly wrong her plan went. I expected her to feel sorry. However, that didn’t happen. In fact Nicole just laughed at me and I know I’m not funny at all.

“He really busted Logan’s lip,” she laughed.

“This is not funny,” I hollered at her.

“I told you these thing can back fire just go home and make love to you husband,” she ordered.

I just hung up on her. Making love to my husband was the last thing on my mind. That ass still kissed Lisa and let her put her mouth on his penis. How disrespectful to me. I was wrong for lying but he was more wrong.

When I got home Chris was nowhere in sight. When it started to get dark I became worried so I called him but he didn’t answer. That meant he was really pissed. I was feeling a little scared in the house alone. Chris should be home pleading for my forgiveness. I’m not the only guilty party here. I was so upset that my husband wasn’t home. I was scared he was going to leave me or go to Lisa. I was also scared someone would try to kill me again.